[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Interesting. Of course, Ubaar's much more mature (well, kinda ;)), given that half-orc maturity comes 5-10 years sooner...

Murhid

First Post
*clap* *clap*

Nice work Taz and Jalon, both very atmospheric dreams, I loved 'em.

haha lol at dead Murhid !!

reapersaurus

First Post
HeavyG said:
If it were up to me, a 20' light would enable you to see up to 20', with penalties before that. A torch does not emit much light. Carrying lanterns would already be much better.

Mmmh.

Or possibly,
0-10' : Total vision
10'-20' : low penalties
20'-30' : big penalties
30'+ : total darkness
(doubled for those with low-light)

However, seeing someone 30' away sounds too good for a torch.

Anyway, I'll think about it some more.
That's something like CR was proposing. Hmmmmmmm.... :)

So on that note, what are each person in the party's plans for light sources when we go down next?
What is the length that you can see with that source?

I really think that we're gonna get someone killed if we can't bring EVERYONE'S fighting abilities to bear , since Heavy seems to be basing the CR of the encounters based off of ALL of us being active, and able participants in the encounter.

If memory serves, there were MANY sequences there were we really only could have 2 or 3 people really in combat.
In other words, I don;t see Heavy G going easy on us just because someone can't see to attack their target in battle.

And do we as a party know now about regeneration?
If we meet devils again, do we have a battle plan as to how to go about it?
Jalon, have you let Ubaar know that if he uses Magic Weapon, it will kill the devils?
Cause if Ubaar knows, he'll pray for that instead of Divine Favor.

P.S. Ubaar used the herbs, yes.
He'll continue to do as the doctor ordered till he's back to Ubaar form.

reapersaurus

First Post
And what is our marching order going to be?
Are we going to have Ivellios up front again, after Dopp had him waltz right thru the door we'd been planning on raiding? (that was funny, Dopp, and straight on character, I thought - I was surprised he didn't rage.. or did he?)

And is there, or are there any strategies that Jalon or Kytess would want to treach the group while we have some downtime for a day?

The whole concept of group attacks might be alien to some of us?
For Ubaar's part, he used to participate in some battle tactics, but they mainly were a partner-oriented thing with him and a bard/spellcaster (Jaida) who would try to disarm and charm his opponents. They'd cover both bases between their 2 abilities - her magical/social and his physical (w/magic supplement).

I'm sure it would help if we were 3rd level for more strategy, but what can we do to make our dungeon-crawling less chaotic, and bring some of the less-active people to the front?

Murhid

First Post
Great points Reaper, they needed to be brought up/ up again.

As far as battle tactics go for Murhid; it has been 'partner-oriented' as well, involving a lot of flanking for the most part.

On the topic of light, Murhid has his sunrods (30ft radius) and will not mind giving one to a lightless companion if need be.

I would like it if Murhid could scout a little, though needing light that's going to be a big no-no. So he'll just do what he was doing last time and stay back with the party in what ever marching order assigned, though if Ubaar (who I assume will scout again) calls for help I'll run Murhid down ASAP.

reapersaurus

First Post
Murhid said:
For sure, I'd like to see Sollir be part of things a bit more; who has great ranged attacks IIRC.
It seems to me that Sollir hasn't been posting as much recently.
I think I saw him posting as a regular member of the Psionicle thread?
Is your time limited recently, Sollir, or is this just a passing thing? (just wondering)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads