• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr [ENDED]

Olrox17

Hero
Good point [MENTION=6801397]Olrox17[/MENTION], since you're surprised, you can't spend a reaction, which is required to boost your AC. Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for your 10 HP loss.

I just checked my PHB just to be sure. On surprise it says:

"If you’re surprised, you can’t move or take an action on your first turn of the combat, and you can’t take a reaction until that turn ends. A member of a group can be surprised even if the other members aren’t."

Maybe I can use a reaction, because my first turn has ended. The rule isn't very clear, though. It's open to interpretation.

Forged Fury

First Post
^Yup, thanks for looking that up. That's correct. You can spend an action, I misremembered. If you want to spend that reaction to spend bardic inspiration, go for it.

Forged Fury

First Post
Note: If you see that a group of you all have initiative before the next bad guy, feel free to take your action. I'm not expecting any of you to wait for me to prompt. I'm just throwing that up there as a courtesy.

Egon

First Post
I've got to know how you are getting images into Excel. I use paint.net and add grid lines. I then have to use layers to deal with tokens moving around.

Forged Fury

First Post
In Page Layout, select Background, that will paste an image repeatedly as the background of the excel file. If the image already has a grid attached, all you need to do is start changing the row and column heights to try to match what is on the sheet. It's inexact, but works pretty well, I think. Then you just import pics and resize them. There's a format function (Align) that allows you to snap the images to the grid and shape, which keeps them mostly in line.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I've got to know how you are getting images into Excel. I use paint.net and add grid lines. I then have to use layers to deal with tokens moving around.
Page Layout -> Background works well for me. Then you size the grid to the image (rather than vice-versa) and each token can be its own object.

Remove ads