• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Scotley,
I have an idea that might make combat more speedy:

Defense Rolls- how it works is simple. it is the same as takeing a '10' on attack by the opponants.

1) take the total attack + of the opponant and add 10

2) roll a d20 and add the total +(armor class) of the character

3) if 2) is higher; miss, if 1) is higher, hit

4)if character rolls a 1 on the d 20 then that is a critical and needds to re- roll defense to confirm crit

[sblock=sample post]
sample inititive (1d20+2=3)
(good thing this is only a sample)
sample defense (1d20+14=28)

sample att and damage (1d20+16=24, 1d8+7=9)

sample attack (1d20+11=30, 1d8+7=8)

[/sblock]

in the above sample the first is not a crit for harrison and he second is, so he would need the usual crit confirm. if he was his own opponant, the defense would make the first defense, but would need a second defense...does this make any sense?

what it would give as attack and defense in one post and combat would not bee needed to make any more rolls...it helps alot in our table top game.just hought it might help here too

J. Alexander

First Post
Resignation

Hey Guys
I have been so absent about posting etc and catching up that I think it is best if I withdraw from this game as much as I hate to.....good luck and hopefully I will catch another of Scotley's games...

Scotley

Hero
Tsk tsk, forgot to pray for spells? I fear this fight will be tougher than I thought. :]

Seriously, no problem. The metagame purpose of this fight was really just to get all the bugs worked out of the characters and catch issues like this as well as give you a chance to see what your characters can do. Please feel free to select as you desire. Since this fight is not part of the adventure itself I don't even mind if you optimize for the fight at hand.

Scott DeWar

OOC it pains me to make this announcement:

literaly, it pains me. i have recently injured one of my fingers and typing is quite the exercise of endurence. give me a couple more days and i will be back to posting. if you are wondering what happend, just imagine what you get when you place your pinky between a piece of conduit and the bender and bend the conduit ... i will let your imagination work now.

oh, and Scotley, if you are laughing, i hope you choke on your beer!

Scotley

Hero
Autopost from Scotley's computer

You are receiving this autopost because the computer keyboard is currently disabled awaiting cleaning. It has been sprayed with beer following a humorous post by a player. This autopost was established due to the frequency with which players commit acts that lead Scotley to emit partially consumed beer from his nostrils during fits of laughter. Regularly scheduled posting will resume once the keyboard has been properly cleaned. Thank you for your patience, your posts are very important to us and will be answered in the order that they were received...

Scott DeWar

Wow! milk throught the nose funny is bad enough...beer through the nose is just bad...wasteing beer like that is also alchol abuse!

by the way, the fingers are back to typing, as i am sure you can see.

Remove ads