OOC tread of "The Broken Tower"

Grimmjow

First Post
Just to clear up any confusion, I didn't know that the map of the second floor was on the first floor's tab. I just didn't think to scroll down D:

Either way, I hope it doesn't change things too much now. Some things that I may want to point out

• are there any squares that are already "floorless"
  • if so, what colour will they be?
  • I'll assume that the mechanics of a floorless tile will be the same except we don't get a save/attacked and fall down straight away since it IS already a hole
  • what happens if an enemy is slid over a yellow square, are they subject to the same mechanics (I assume yes)
  • what happens if an enemy is slid off the wooden platform?
  • what happens if he's slid off the platform ONTO the yellow square? :devil:
  • what if he falls through and also happened to land on the table below (square D6)? :devil::devil: (I assume pulling a goblin onto D24 will get this desired effect)
  • which squares are wooden platform and which are statue, the map and the legend have different colours (-F25~I26- and -E25~26- is statue or platform?)
  • PCs: where is Eldreth and Arshaka? Since both floors are in play (at least I assume they are), we should be doubly so careful with our player tokens
  • offtopic: omg there're even more spiral stairs going up and we totally missed the cauldron on the first floor

1) yes there is one square that is floorless. Just waiting to see where eldreth started to remove the token. ill just kill in the tile with the same color as the borders are to show the unstable floor.
2)no save if you step onto a floor less spot. you just fall 20 ft
3)goblins are subject to the same mechanic yes. If the goblins fail the SV throw to not fall off the platform they fall, either next to skyla or onto the unstable floor
4)the squares that are black are now the platform. They were brown but your lovly shardmind put a area effect up there and marked it with black.
5)yup both floors are in play after i post this im going to the map to color the floor one squres yellow so you know where to fall too.

Grimmjow

First Post
vander when you go up the stairs to floor two (which you may do for free) you will be coming out on the top right four squares. you may start in anyone of those four squares.

Next floor i will mark a starting area for you guys.

treex

First Post
3)goblins are subject to the same mechanic yes. If the goblins fail the SV throw to not fall off the platform they fall, either next to skyla or onto the unstable floor
Won't the momentum cause them to crash through the floor D: I was banking on that XD

I think treex's thought process is like this:

Goblin A walks into, or is slid/pushed/pulled onto a yellow square. This causes the floor to make an attack against the goblin's reflex. If the attack hits, the goblin falls to the floor below. If it misses, then the goblin gets to move to the side on a stable square.

BUT... should a goblin even GET the chance to move to the side if it falls onto one of those squares from a height (due to crashing right through the unstable flooring... since it would be kind of tough to move to the side in mid air in an uncontrolled fall)?

Phoenix8008

First Post
I think treex's thought process is like this:

Goblin A walks into, or is slid/pushed/pulled onto a yellow square. This causes the floor to make an attack against the goblin's reflex. If the attack hits, the goblin falls to the floor below. If it misses, then the goblin gets to move to the side on a stable square.

BUT... should a goblin even GET the chance to move to the side if it falls onto one of those squares from a height (due to crashing right through the unstable flooring... since it would be kind of tough to move to the side in mid air in an uncontrolled fall)?
This would be great to know as Arshaka was planning on trying the same thing. If he can pull one of the two goblins up on the platform forward to drop them off the front edge, he's gonna do it. Especially now that he knows the floor may break right through. I understand they'll still get the save to avoid falling off the edge of the platform, but knowing what happens after that for sure would be cool.

Remove ads