D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
1. Yes, if you can lure a spider or two in the cave and engaged in melee then two others could fight from the outside of t he cave on the ledge.

2. Yes. Sarith has a hand crossbow and probably has some poison darts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
Ok. In that case, [MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION], my thoughts are...

- Surana should get a heal from Orsik & slide straight into the tunnel (just 10 feet or so) with Derendil to draw aggro. He's got poison immunity; she's got a lot of hp & +3 to con saves. There may also be other things in the tunnel, so the "can take a beating" characters are our best bet there, I think...
- Ez & Eldeth should follow & attack from the ledge on the other side of the spiders once they come down
- Sarith should hang back & Faerie Fire them asap (or the twins can blind them--whoever comes up first in init, I guess) then he and Bert can use their crossbows from the webs
- Orsik can Sacred Flame from a short distance. I want him close-ish in case anyone in the melee needs healing

Got any ideas/changes/scathing critisms? ;) Just spitballing here...

Uller

Adventurer
No. Probably just another giant spider. But when things are hunting you in the dark they always look bigger.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Uller

Adventurer
Two things:

1) The narration style of PbP doesn't lend itself well to DM/player interaction. It makes way more sense (to me) that Orsik would have healed you up before you entered combat. It's up to you...but he could have cast one or two cure wounds before you even saw the spiders.

2) While we are down to just 2 players and you two are pretty quick to respond, whadaya say we try a more traditional initiative order and actually go in order? It's up to you two. No matter what, Bertram starts off by readying a crossbow attack after Sarith uses Faerie fire, then Surana will be up. The order will be:

Sarith (1d20+2)[10]
Bertram (1d20+3)[21]
Surana/Drum (1d20+3)[20]
Derendil (1d20+1)[18]
Orsik (1d20+0)[14]
Spiders
Topsy/Turvy(1d20+2)[12]
Ezraen (1d20+3)[9]
Shushar(1d20+0)[8]
Eldeth(1d20+2)[6]

Edit: Sarith is starting off the encounter with Faerie Fire...so he is at the top of init.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Oh ok, I misunderstood that post...thought it was a "time's up." Yeah, I'd love a heal if we can both get one.

And sure, I'm down to play in actual init order.

Remove ads