D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
I do not think that being blinded would impose disadvantage to hang on to the webbing. I think that is extremely harsh...
Yeah...That's pretty much what I went with. As long as you are holding on no disadvantage. But if you are using both hands to do something (like detach a darkmantle from your face) then I think disadvantage will come into play.

I agree with the possibly hitting on a natural 1. I was going to argue that taking special care to strike higher than head level should count for something, but I imagine that a natural 1 would include slipping which would bring my strike significantly lower.

I very rarely use any sort of 'fumble' rules. But when you're doing something risky like trying to hit a foe in the same space as an ally, it seems appropriate. For the ranged attacks, the rule I said about is definitely not standard for me. But there was so much going on (blinded, in the same space, etc), to me it seemed like firing ranged attacks would be even riskier.

Uller

Adventurer
Hmmm, maybe? Wanna make an Insight check? Ez isn't even thinking about that. He is too focused on beating himself up about losing people that are relying on him. ;)

If Surana (or someone) wants to keep an eye on him or interact with him, we can make a check if you like.
[MENTION=6801671]SunGold[/MENTION] do you agree with moving on?

SunGold

First Post
Yeah, I'm fine with moving on.

I'll skip the check for now. Just kinda used it for a little RP moment to establish her second thoughts. She'll keep an eye on him, though, and probably talk to him later.

Uller

Adventurer
You're in the end game of the "Silken Pathes" miniadventure and about halfway in your trek to the Koatoa settlement.

What are you're thoughts on recruiting another player? Do we want to or are we good with just the three of us? If we want another player, my thoughts are to bring them on and let them play Bertram or Orsik until we reach Sloobludop, then give them the option of bringing in their proper character there.

It's really up to you two. I'm enjoying myself with the pace we have. I have to admit I am enjoying having the NPCs around so I can off a few characters without killing proper PCs.

SunGold

First Post
I wouldn't mind waiting till Sloobludop to recruit, if we recruit at all. I'm liking this pace, and I haven't given up hope on Erevan's return yet.

SunGold

First Post
Oh, also: do we know Eldeth and Sarith's max hp? I know they're each down 6, but knowing 6 out of what would be helpful to decide about healing.

DMAesh

Explorer
I am also fine waiting until we get to Sloopbludop to recruit. I also like this pace. I do hope that Erevan can come back, but just the two of us may be a little difficult! ;)

Uller

Adventurer
Oh, also: do we know Eldeth and Sarith's max hp? I know they're each down 6, but knowing 6 out of what would be helpful to decide about healing.
Sarith has 7 remaining and Eldith 10. So Sarith is bruised up pretty good and Eldeth is nursing a nasty bite wound but it isn't inhibiting either of them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
Ok. Two more questions then.

1. If I'm understanding the description of the tunnel entrance correctly, only two people will be able to melee the spiders? Or maybe 4 max, if we have the first two slide directly into the tunnel and lure the spiders in there, followed by 2 more fighting from the ledge?

2. Does Sarith have one of the drow crossbows? Trying to figure out who can fight from range.

Remove ads