Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

hewligan

First Post
Hey, Hewligan,

I just thought I'd check here and make sure you're cool with it, but I was planning on using Burnt Offerings as a starting point for my tabletop group here locally and figured it'd be best to let you know.

I figure that it shouldn't be an issue, as we're a good ways away from that part of the Adventure Path, but if there's an issue, or if you'd prefer me not to look at the adventure, then let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

Obviously there is some fore-shadowing that is explained in the first book, such as discussing the BBEG, overarching plot, etc. I believe there is a summary of each adventure as well, but I would trust you just to skip that part and I am sure you wouldn't let any knowledge interfere in-game.

As Friadoc mentions, though, will you not be caught up to this game in no time, or are you looking at a 1-shot?

Rhun

First Post
yeah I love my fighter/rogue in the Constables game. He is tough, versitile and fun.

Oh and ornery

I have a [PATHFINDER] dwarf Fighter 4/ Rogue 4 in one game, and he has proven himself tougher than any of the dedicated fighters in the group. Oh, and I think he is even more ornery than Braz!

Friadoc

Explorer
Obviously there is some fore-shadowing that is explained in the first book, such as discussing the BBEG, overarching plot, etc. I believe there is a summary of each adventure as well, but I would trust you just to skip that part and I am sure you wouldn't let any knowledge interfere in-game.

As Friadoc mentions, though, will you not be caught up to this game in no time, or are you looking at a 1-shot?

I was planning on using it was a one-shot, introduction to the area and then do my own adventures from there...however, that plan has totally changed as I'm going to run Council of Thieves and see how Westcrown feels for me. :) Plus, it's full Pathfinder RPG rules, so it'll make it easier for me, too.

Friadoc

Explorer
I'll share my thoughts on it, once I finish reading the B@st@rds of Erebus and get a feel for the overall AP. Cool?

Either through a PM or, if the others are interest, here.

hewligan

First Post
You and me, both. :)

I was in a bookshop on Monday and saw a rather snazzy looking version of Lankhmar on the shelf. I was SOOOOO tempted to buy it, although I probably have an old copy in the attic of my mother's house.

But yeah, there is more than just a little of Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser about them, but perhaps with a little more "good" than "neutral" about them (although Jovik does like to push things a little at times).

Remove ads