• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Picture of my Reaper Dwarf Priest....

Chet Masters

First Post
img40cb8b4061aa5.jpg

This is a picture of one of Reaper's Dwarf Priests from their Warlord line. Any comments are welcome.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Cool mini.
Nice paintjob.
I like the wood and the fact that the brown still comes off as a different color than his beard.
I can't see anything you could improve. Very well done.

It seems that more and more excellent painters are showing off their skills.

I definitely need to practice more.
Keep up the great work. (I saw the Confrontation mini too. Also excellent)

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

JoeGKushner

First Post
What types of paints are you using? How did you handle the gold? What type of camera did you take this picture with?

I like the lighter colors as they really lend the model a presence that stands against his fierce pose. I think a touch or orange might've made for some more contrast with the light blue somewhere though. (Stupid book on color theory I read has me looking for that all over the place now! Bah, away with you tome!)

Chet Masters

First Post
Thanks...

As for the types of paint I use, I use lots of different brands. I mainly use Ceramcoat (nice and cheap at Michael's) along with a smattering of Citadel, Reaper, and Ral Partha paints.

As for the gold. I usually paint any areas that I'm going to use gold a dark brown first and then I apply Folkart Pure Gold and then top it off with Aztec gold.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads