TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Nathal

Explorer
I attached a file of Warduke in original package. Hopefully that will work.

Attachments

• addwarduke.jpg
    addwarduke.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 444

Dark Eternal

First Post
Gary~

If this has come up recently and I missed it, I will apologize for not having done my homework, but I'm dying of curiosity and simply had to ask.

I very vaguely recall a boxed gaming set that I once bought, years and years ago, in a discount store in California because it had giant alien bugs and laser-wielding cyborgs on the cover. I can no longer recall the name of the game, but I seem to recall thinking your name was associated with the product. It wasn't a TSR game (I don't think)...

Somewhere in the course of moving from state to state a few times since then, the game disappeared. The only thing that I can remember now is that it had some incredibly in depth details regarding the alien's physiology, and the physics / mechanics of allowing human brains to interface with computer technology. It was an extemely impressive science fiction setting, and I was fascinated with it.

I never was able to actually play the game, however, which I deeply regret.

If I'm way off base here, and you have no idea what I'm babbling about, then I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time - I know that you're a busy guy. :)

But if I'm not, and you do know what I'm talking about... could you perhaps refresh my memory?

Thanks, and thanks!

Edit: Forgot to truncate sig.

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Great link, Nathal!

So it was Strongheart... I'd forgotten that name.

They don't have the bendy ones that TSR was doing lister, though. the only one of that lot I recall immediately was a poor version of a carrion crawler.

Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Dark Eternal,

Heh, and the description sounds very muck like you had a CYBORG COMMANDO RPG in your hands... I won't speak to the game mechanics for fear of generating irate attacks upon me, even though the main designers of the game were Frank Mentzer and Kim Mohan. ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Dark Eternal

First Post
Originally posted by Col_Pladoh
Heh, and the description sounds very muck like you had a CYBORG COMMANDO RPG in your hands... I won't speak to the game mechanics for fear of generating irate attacks upon me, even though the main designers of the game were Frank Mentzer and Kim Mohan.

That was it!

Thanks. :)

All questions pertaining to game mechanics aside, then, were you involved in the development of the game? And would you happen to recall the name of the company that published it?

As an aside, I just wanted to add my voice to the many that appreciate your taking the time to share so much with the readers on the boards, here. Not very many people involved in other hobbies have the chance to exchange correspondance with people who have been as directly influential on said hobby as the ENWorlders do with you, here.

Kindest regards. :)

Janos Antero

First Post
Ahhh the memories!

I had Warduke and Strongheart, Northlord and Ogre King, but I always assumed the later two were some forgotten line of He-Man figures.

Man though, if I were Melf or Melf's original player I'd kill myself, or the designer of the toy line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads