TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

S'mon

Legend
*beep*...Cyborg Commando.... *beep* ...worst... game... ever... *beep*

(IMHO. of course. Had a wee laugh with Gary about this a while ago.) :)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Dark Eternal.

Yes, I conceived the basis for the CC game, and I have notes somewhere for the two parts that were to complete it. It was produced by New Infinities Productions, Inc. I gave over development of the mechanics, as NI wanted my gord the Rogue novels as quickly as I could write them, and then I was mneant to go on to doing a new FRPG system.

Janos, Melf was son Luke's PC. He was really pretty happy to have a figuyre named after his character;)

S'mon: NO COMMENT! :p

Heh,
Gary

The Fool

First Post
Re: Re: Hi Gary...Gord question...

Col_Pladoh said:

Heh,

I hope to shout I do, as those yarns are thr IP of Trigee;)

We changed plans aver a year ago when a publisher approached us with a proposal for full-color graphic novel versions of the Gord the Rogue books.

That is now underway, and there will be an announcement regarding the books later in the summer. More I can not say.

If those novels do well, there is a a strong likelihood that the regular books will be reprinted in hardback version, possibly with paperback reprints following that.

There is no plan to reprint all seven books in one giant volume, though;)

Cheers,
Gary

Thanks Gary

I cant wait for any and/or all of these things to be released :D

The Fool

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Re: Re: Re: Hi Gary...Gord question...

The Fool said:

Thanks Gary

I cant wait for any and/or all of these things to be released :D

The Fool

Anyone going to the Comic Con in Chicago, 8-10 August, will likely see me there on Saturday;)

Cheers,
Gary

Geoffrey

First Post
Greetings, Gary!

One of my favorite RPGs is the 1975 Empire of the Petal Throne set. I know that M. A. R. Barker wrote it, basing the mechanics in large part upon D&D. But, after Mr. Barker submitted his manuscript to TSR, did you make any changes, additions, subtractions, etc. to the manuscript before publication?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Geoffrey said:
Greetings, Gary!

One of my favorite RPGs is the 1975 Empire of the Petal Throne set. I know that M. A. R. Barker wrote it, basing the mechanics in large part upon D&D. But, after Mr. Barker submitted his manuscript to TSR, did you make any changes, additions, subtractions, etc. to the manuscript before publication?

Howdy Geoffrey!

Indeed, EPT is a fiine RPG, and I enjoyed playing it a good deal, although finding GMs was not always easy. My first couple of adventures were GMed by Phil Barker, in fact;)

As for editing, the Professor sent in work that was just about totally clean, so that TSR published in the EPT game was about 99.9% what Phil submitted. No additions or cuts were made to the best of my recollection.

Ciao,
Gary

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi Gary...Gord question...

Col_Pladoh said:
Anyone going to the Comic Con in Chicago, 8-10 August, will likely see me there on Saturday;)

Cheers,
Gary

woohoo! :)

hey, that's the weekend before my wedding. :D

that reminds me... when is gencon? hope i don't have to miss it...

shouit

Explorer
Gary,
I was wondering if/when you would be interested in doing a Mortality Radio show... I would love to talk to you about it. I don't know how to contact you besides this, if you could drop me an email off this thread please do so.

shouit@mortality.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads