TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

palleomortis

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Would you believe a gold one? that's so even though Mordenkainen has two red ones in his citadel's subterranean complex...

Cheers,
Gary

Nice, I don't think too little of them, But i just don't like the way they look with the wiskers.:heh: I prefer the solver with the whole majestic look thing going on.:cool:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
As for the best looking dragons, I must say that I have always thought the Oriental depictions are tops. Of course, the great interest in drakes arising from the D&D game has certainly brought to the fore many excellent illustrations of most imaginative and artistic sort.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
What work do you do now?
I would like to be semi-retired, do little work and mostly read, play games, and watch interesting TV programs, but...

I am doing a modicum of creative work, a few hours a week, a fair bit more business related labor, and a whole lot of correspondence and board postings. So I am kept occupied this some four hours a day, seven days per.

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
Sounds good. Hey, if I could be occupied 4 hours a day HERE I would be livin' the life!
All is relative...

I enjoyed working 70 or more hours a week before the health problem. NMow I just run out of steam ag=fter a couple of hours at the keyboard.

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
Health problem?

(Do you ever do signitures? Like on books and things of the sort?)
Yes.

As for autographing, I do indeed have signing sessions at conventions--the Lake Geneva Game Convention at the end of July and the Canadian National Gaming Expo at the end of August.

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads