TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

palleomortis

First Post
Was your origional game a lot simpler than the ones out now? It seems impossible for one guy to come up with half of the rules we have now.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
And then, with a mighty roar, the dragon lept toward you and..'OH!!! IT'S YOU! YOU'RE..YOU'RE...YOU'RE GARY GYGAX!!! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH!!!:confused: :uhoh: :p
I urge no-hesitation in regards speaking to me, because I've noticed, and been told, that some gamers are hesitant to approach me for authgraphs or a word ot two--a couple of the the very reasons I am at the con :eek:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
Was your origional game a lot simpler than the ones out now? It seems impossible for one guy to come up with half of the rules we have now.
Short answer: Yes.

If you check out the OD&D game, read the supplements Greyhawk and Eldritch Wizardry, then check out OAD&D, you'll have a good insight into the development of the game's complexity development, and of the added complications that came with them.

I am attempting to keep the Lejendary Adventure game as rules light as possible, but the coming revised edition will have a few rules additions and changes, as well a a whole ream of added "stuff" for the PCs and the GM.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
You GM alot? Any requirment to join your games?
I was the constant GM, but as Jim Ward has recently joined the group, he takes over periodically to manage those duties, and I get to play :D

The main requirement for a newbie with the group is available space. We have about nine persons now, but fortunately a couple are usually absent for one reason or another. the table is comfortable for six, seven in a pinch, but when there are eight or nine, some have to take chair nearby.

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:

palleomortis

First Post
Alright, Please don't kill me for askin' this, but who is "Jim Ward".

I know I have heard the name before, but I am not quite sure were. Little help please!?!

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
I was the constant GM, but as Jim Ward has joined the group, he takes over periodically to manage those duties, and i get to play :D

The main requirement for a newbie with the group is available space. We have about nine persons now, but fortunately a couple are usually absent for one reason or another. the table is comfortable for six, seven in a pinch, but when there are eight or nine, some have to take chairn nearby.

Cheers,
Gary

Heh, have I mentioned I wish I lived in Wisconsin? ;)

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
James M. "Jim" Ward is, amongst other things, the creator of the Metamorphosis Alpha and Gamma World RPGs.

Winters here in Wisconsin are pretty dismal, but at least one can game...if the roads are clear for travel.

Cheers,
Gary

gizmo33

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Zagyg's Raspberries are awarded to all concerned with such flummery. If PCs have the location to house laboratory, forges, equipment, library and the great amount of time needed for creating magical items then they must be elderly and retired, not spry and adventuring.

Aha, now I know why it was a guy with a fortress that released Zagyg's prisoners. He must not have liked raspberries or flummery as much as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads