TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
That's all the chit-chat for today folks. Tonight is gamning night here and the team is outside Yggsburgh recruiting soldiers for the town's chief enemy...and now they realize it, so what they'll do is going to be interesting :lol:

Vheers,
Gary

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
gary,

have you ever asked anyone at TSR or WotC to see if any of those materials remained after LW left? it's possible that she was spiteful enough to take them away to destroy them, but it's also possible that she took them away just to hold them in some storage room somewhere that you couldn't get to them.

or, do you feel more like, "eh, that's all in the past, no point in revisiting it now."

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Jdvn1 said:
Tell us how it goes, though!
Well...

Desite having reservations, notingthat some unknown mEn are following them, the team has managed to recruit a "free company" of over 200 soldiers with 10 serjeants and 20 corporals supplied by a "fortuitous" joining of one Lieutenant Pauncefot Slaunce. The team have ordered sheilds, short spears, and tabards for the company, currently being drilled in 20 squads of 10 men each. the ordered equipment should arrive in a week.

What they will do once the men are equipped is a good question. there are two squads of trained archers, 11 (counting their corporal) each with crossbows and bows.

They are encamped on the green opposite the Outs Inn and attracting a lot of attention....

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
BOZ said:
gary,

have you ever asked anyone at TSR or WotC to see if any of those materials remained after LW left? it's possible that she was spiteful enough to take them away to destroy them, but it's also possible that she took them away just to hold them in some storage room somewhere that you couldn't get to them.

or, do you feel more like, "eh, that's all in the past, no point in revisiting it now."
As much of the old archive material seems to have gone south, likely all of my former possessions went along with them. No one has volunteered and books with my name in them, or signed to me by the author, since Lorraine departed, so I will not bother myself about it.

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads