TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

jwright

First Post
Appreciations but...

Dratz!

I was hoping it might have been a Friday or Sat night thing - sad to say Thursdays are just dead for me - I teach Mass Comm till 6:15 and I start rehearsing "Dracula" soon - but thank you for the invite! Best of luck to your grandson in NY -

I am really interested in both C&C and LA systems and plan on ordering sets of these as soon as my contract starts back (gotta love WI colleges system that pays 9-months lol) - having poked through online material C&C sounds very much like the modified/simplified 3e I ran (I pretty much ignored feats, trimmed skills to an essentials bundle and exchanged the more elaborate combat and spells rules for what I called my "common sense" house rules) and I am really intrigued in the mythic archetypes of LA. So having said that if anyone is on this thread who's anywhere near the Manitowoc-Sheboygan lakeshore area and wants to explore a game here let me know!

My wife and I would still love to meet you sometime so maybe we can still bring a bottle of wine sometime and chat for a few minutes - once I finish my dissertation I am hoping to write some RPG material and maybe you can give a few pointers to a newbee in this area.

I was curious as to how Rob Kuntz's Robilar turned to evil (from what I've read this did happen during the original games - not the Rary Traitor stuff) and if you remembered the game/event it happened in and what your reactions/feelings were?

Cheers,

John "Maddog" Wright

gideon_thorne

First Post
If you have any questions, comments, ect. on the C&C system at least. Let me or any of the C&C folk that lurk here know. Most of us can provide more information than you might need. :D

The combination of the C&C core and the skill bundles Gary has provided in his Castle Zagyg:Yggsburgh (which came out at GenCon) book might be just what you are looking for.

There will also be nice and shiney new hard back versions of the three core Lejendary hard backs coming out down the road a bit as well, just fyi. :)

jwright said:
I am really interested in both C&C and LA systems and plan on ordering sets of these as soon as my contract starts back (gotta love WI colleges system that pays 9-months lol) - having poked through online material C&C sounds very much like the modified/simplified 3e I ran (I pretty much ignored feats, trimmed skills to an essentials bundle and exchanged the more elaborate combat and spells rules for what I called my "common sense" house rules) and I am really intrigued in the mythic archetypes of LA.

jwright

First Post
Thanks!

Peter,

Thanks for the info! :)

Is Erde going to be the primary setting for C&C?

Secondly, does Trollord ever accept submissions for modules/material from outside sources?

Thanks!

J Wright

gideon_thorne

First Post
jwright said:
Peter,

Thanks for the info! :)

Is Erde going to be the primary setting for C&C?

Yes. Although you will find it renamed to the Rings of Brass. There is also a companion setting called Inzae due to be retooled for C&C as well.

Secondly, does Trollord ever accept submissions for modules/material from outside sources?

And yes. But bear in mind, like most publishers, they do take a bit of time to get back to folks. ;)

You should ask Gary about his Yggsburgh proposal as well. ;)

Steverooo

First Post
gideon_thorne said:
There will also be nice and shiney new hard back versions of the three core Lejendary hard backs coming out down the road a bit as well, just fyi. :)

And besides incorporating Shamanism, Swashbuckling, and Witchery, have the errata been incorporated? % Ability for Kobold/Wylf Extraordinary Ability use when lacking the underlying power? Which Abilities cover literacy, swimming, climbing, etc? Fixing of errors (such as the Banderlog King Armbands/Bracers of Titanic Physique power/price discrepancy? Whether INT is divided by 5, or 10? All the mistakes in the ExItems tables? Whether Trollkins have certain Abilities as Restricted, or not?) What's been fixed?

Last edited:

gideon_thorne

First Post
I'll find out from those who handle that department. Just my job to make the books look good and be clean and tidy. ;)

Steverooo said:
And besides incorporating Shamanism, Swashbuckling, and Witchery, have the errata been incorporated? % Ability for Kobold/Wylf Extraordinary Ability use when lacking the underlying power? Which Abilities cover literacy, swimming, climbing, etc? Fixing of errors (such as the Banderlog King Armbands/Bracers of Titanic Physique power/price discrepancy? Whether INT is divided by 5, or 10? All the mistakes in the ExItems tables? Whether Trollkins have certain Abilities as Restricted, or not?) What's been fixed?

Frank Mentzer

First Post
Anson Caralya said:
another upcoming very high level adventure of yours, something to do with the Shadowland and ... a wedding?

Hmm... maybe that refers to the time my good friends Gary Gygax and James M. Ward agreed to be ushers at my wedding... (a lejendary event to be sure).

(edit: Yes, I know of the wedding mentioned in the olde Shadowlands promo blurb.)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads