TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
Hey, looks good, but how about a real troll button. You know the kind... "horrid carnivores... loathsome... thin and rubbery." Did I leave any descriptives out? ;)

Gray Mouser
'Mouser...

Just wait uintil you see pics of us in those bowling shirts. Speaking of loathsome... :mad:

Bah!
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
To hell with that! Get 'em ready for the end of the month!!! They should be the official t-shirt of the LGGC.
Better by far than than what the "Staff" must sport at the event.

BTW, all that are planning on reveling in hilarity at the Troll Lord Games pumpkin shirts, we plan to have an "open porch" at our house on Thursday night in liev of the usual RPG game session. convEntioneers welcome, but BYOB :p

The addy is 316 Madison Street.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Orius said:
Wow, that's fairly lenient. While I've nearly always allowed the 4d6 method for stats, I'm usually strict on hps. In my games, a player always rolled for 1st level and kept the roll, no matter how bad until I switched to 3e. I've always ruled that the player gets whatever he rolls when he levels, even if it's a 1.
Well, Orius...

After long years as a DM I have learned that the group enjoyment is enhanced if players have PCs they are satisfied with and don't have a better than even chance of having to crerate a new one several times before attaining 3rd or higher level...unless that play badly. strating a 1st level character with maximpm HPs helps survival chances a good deal, and re-rolling any HD that is a 1 does the same. After all, the PCs are supposed to be most exceptional individuals :cool:

cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Zudrak said:
Slogans?

"Your trash is our business"

"We sweep the night away"

"Keeping the streets from becoming ill-manured"
Heh...

Good work Zudrak.

I am now ready to wear a T-shirt saying "YGGSBURGH STREET DEPARTMENT, We sweep the night away."

Maybe "nightsoil"?

Cheers,
Gary

Mystery Man

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
We will look smashing in pumpkin orange and black bowling shirts. After all I, at least. am rather rotund...

Sigh that brings back bad memories, those were my highschool colors. Our football uniforms looked rediculous. :\ Opposing team fans would bring signs like "Smash the pumpkins!" and the like.

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:

BTW, all that are planning on reveling in hilarity at the Troll Lord Games pumpkin shirts, we plan to have an "open porch" at our house on Thursday night in liev of the usual RPG game session. convEntioneers welcome, but BYOB :p

Cheers,
Gary

Damn, it's stuff like this that really makes me wish I was able to attend. Well, that and seeing Gary dressed as a pumpkin, of course :uhoh:

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Mystery Man said:
Sigh that brings back bad memories, those were my highschool colors. Our football uniforms looked rediculous. :\ Opposing team fans would bring signs like "Smash the pumpkins!" and the like.
Indeed!

Orange is generally an unfortunate hue for a fotball uniform, and that is said considering the Chicago Bears.

I trust your team fought fiercely, impressed the opponents with their prowess, despite the possible resemblance to being Jack-O-Lanterns :uhoh:

Heh,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
Damn, it's stuff like this that really makes me wish I was able to attend. Well, that and seeing Gary dressed as a pumpkin, of course :uhoh:

Gray Mouser
Such costuming is not remarkable for me, as I have little pride regarding such matters. Have you seen that dreadful video wherein I am dressed shabbily as a seedy wizard leading the parate of costumed conventioneers at GenCon 2000?

:lol: :mad: :lol:
Gary

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:

Cheers,
Gary
Argh. Turns out the kids will be along with us, or my wife and I would surely be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads