• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quirky Food Habits

ssampier

First Post
jeff37923 said:
Yes. I love the taste of parmesan cheese. So occassionally I go out, buy a wedge of parmesan cheese, and then proceed to eat the entire wedge over the next hour.

People usually look on in horror as I do this.

But it is so tasty...

Mmm parmesan. Am I the only one that DOESN'T like the Kraft parmesan cheese? Most people I know dump truckloads of that stuff on pasta. I sometimes use a little on pizza, but that's it; I never buy it.

fusangite

First Post
Reading through the last six pages, I have come to the realization that almost everything I do involving food qualifies for posting on this thread. That stated, you guys are so uptight about food, I don't know where to begin. I suppose I don't have that many weird food habits in the sense of highly ritualized behaviour where something isn't good unless I observe a particular ritual involving its consumption. If I don't observe a weird food consumption rule because it might be socially upsetting or inconvenient, I still really enjoy the food.

For me, weird food consumption habits are about making a good thing better. For instance, I like cheese any sort of way -- plain unadulterated slices, slices on crackers, in sandwiches, in saucest, etc. There is no way that cheese is not good. However, my favourite weird food ritual is based on a Seinfeld episode in which George confesses to Jerry, after Susan's death, that he is now free to enjoy the ultimate bachelor paradise which entails eating an entire block of cheese with his hands while watching TV. "You know," he explains, "bite right into it, like it was an apple!"

"I was living the dream Jerry," he proclaims at one paint, "sitting infront of the TV, naked to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery." Jerry, appropriately, is incredulous and mildly disgusted. It was one of many moments, watching TV, that I realize I'm identifying with the opposite character everyone else in the audience is. The first time I saw that episode, I realized that George's paradisical vision was mine too. And shortly thereafter, I discovered that eating a block of cheese like it was an apple was a damned fun thing to do, especially while watching TV.

So, occasionally, in the past few years since I saw the episode, I'll be chatting on ICQ and will be asked what I'm doing, "Living the dream," I'll reply sometimes after a visit to the cheese store.

fusangite

First Post
ssampier said:
Mmm parmesan. Am I the only one that DOESN'T like the Kraft parmesan cheese? Most people I know dump truckloads of that stuff on pasta. I sometimes use a little on pizza, but that's it; I never buy it.
Parmesan cheese is much like pizza in that when it's good, it's really good. And when it's bad, it's still pretty good. That's my opinion on Kraft parmesan.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
jeff37923 said:
Yes. I love the taste of parmesan cheese. So occassionally I go out, buy a wedge of parmesan cheese, and then proceed to eat the entire wedge over the next hour.

People usually look on in horror as I do this.

But it is so tasty...

Only if it's topping spaghetti. And not in a huge chunk. I just like alot of it on my spaghetti.

At least, it isn't limburger cheese.... :confused: :confused:

ssampier said:

I like Kraft parmesan cheese. That's the brand I usually get unless I'm short on cash, then it's the store brand.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Some of my siblings do the chips-on-burgers thing.

I like to smash Doritos onto my balogna sandwiches. From the top down it goes:

soft white bread
mustard
Doritos
1 slice of balogna
soft white bread

As often as not, I omit the balogna and just have a Doritos sandwich.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Just looked at that Wikipedia link, and I'll be dashed if we don't eat fry sauce, too :) Except we call it tartar sauce, and often put in some mustard. We pretty much only make it for fish sticks and similar foods.

We make "tartar sauce" for fish sticks, but it is a mix of Miracle Whip and sweet pickle relish.

Remove ads