Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

buzzard

First Post
Lupics face tightens into what passes for concentration for him.

"Hmm, what I need. Food good. We need food. Maybe get me sling or bow. Maybe big rock, or javeelin. The hoorsuns sometimes not want to get close to Lupic for some reason. Oh, if you not need me to smash, I good at scaring people. "

OOC: Since it has been quite some time since his previous adventure, I have no idea what gold he got from that so we'll just assume he squandered it as usual. Evidently he's not so swift with his finances.

buzzard

IcyCool

First Post
Glancinge between Fenwick, Kyle, and Lupic, Deos shakes his head. "Hessen won't be leaving for several days yet. We will have time to shop later. Right now, we should start asking around about the nurse and Lily. If we act fast and have a bit of luck, we might not have to travel at all." He glances at the enormous dwarf, "But if we do, then a cart or wagon of some sort will probably be the most economical way to transport the lot of us and our supplies."

Deos looks around the room and says, "Lets take the remainder of this day to start asking questions. Would you prefer to go as a group?"

buzzard

First Post
"When I ask, people not answer, and I have to hurt them. Best if I not go alone. Don't know what to ask anyway."

Last edited:

Findlefarb

First Post
Fenwick beams. "Good Lupic, you may stay by me, friend. I can do the talking and asking for you.

In any case, I do in fact have a cart and mule, so if everyone needs a place to keep things once we travel, perhaps we take that. It will be slower than traveling light on horseback, though.

I think we should either be a single group or split up into two teams at the most. Perhaps we should travel as a single group to where Lily and the nurse were last seen first, and figure out the next step from there?"

IcyCool

First Post
Findlefarb said:
I think we should either be a single group or split up into two teams at the most. Perhaps we should travel as a single group to where Lily and the nurse were last seen first, and figure out the next step from there?"

"Agreed." With that, Deos leads the way out the door.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOG: I'm going to start roleplaying out the conversations, if at anytime you would rather just make some gather information roles, let me know and we'll skip to that.
Also, I'm assuming a single group at the moment with Fenwick asking most of the questions, let me know if you want to split up.

IG: The sun has just set as you walk through the streets of Orussus, following the directions given by Mr. Hessen's employee. Lily's school is 4 blocks from the Hessen residence. The neighborhood is affluent, most of the houses at least 3 stories, many with small,walled courtyards. A night watchman is lighting street lamps to keep the deepening darkness at bay, and so there is a fair number of people still up and about. Most wear the clothing of clerks or artisans. One woman has a tray full of ink pots and freshly trimmed quills and is attempting to interest anyone passing in making a purchase. She does not, however, scream at the top of her lungs about the quality of her merchandise as you might expect in a more "common" part of town.

Findlefarb

First Post
Fenwick walks up to the ink seller and looks at her merchandise with enchantment.

"I must say, this is a quite lovely array of inks and quills you have available. Very lovely, indeed. I may need to have a note written sometime soon, so this would be a boon. Pray tell, what sort of tints do you use? Where might you get them?"

OOC: I hope to start this line of questioning to learn the following: How late does she work, what kind of ink does she use, and whether she also scribes. Then, I'll steer the conversation into the various people you might meet in this job, what her relation to the school is, and if she's willing to write me a note....

Remove ads