• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
During your conversation, the crowd has thinned some, but there is still a fair number of people walking here or there on one errand or another. The lamp lighter has continued his progress down the street. Most of the shops near the street have closed, some with lights in the windows on the second story as the proprietor finish up some sums or get ready for bed.

OOC: I'll be out of town for the Thanksgiving holdiay. I will probably be able to check in once or twice, but will be sporadic until next Monday.

IcyCool

First Post
"We should spread out and ask around before the rest of these folks go home for the evening. Let's meet back here and compare notes in a half hour."

Deos wanders around amoung the remaining crowd, trying to glean some information from them with a few subtle hints. As the crowd starts to thin out more for the evening, he'll wander back to their meeting place.

buzzard

First Post
With his keen analytical mind Lupic will decide that the lamp-lighter is a suspicious character and will follow him around until he is noticed. This shouldn't take very long. Once the jig is up he will return to the appropriate tavern for refreshment.

buzzard

SlagMortar

First Post
Deos, Semabin, and Fenwick continue to ask some questions of the people around. They find out that there is indeed a bit of a guard shortage at the moment, particularly those skilled in woodscraft. This is due to the recent distrust of one Karl Klosterman, originally from Apple Glade, who was guiding a shipment for the Hessen company from Orussus to Rivenblight. Each hears a slightly different version of the story, but all anyone knows for sure is that the shipment was ambushed, a total loss. Word on the street is that Klosterman betrayed it. He has not been seen in the area in the last several days.

Lupic follows the lamplighter for just a short time before he notices the hulking half-orc. Turning, he clears his throat and says, "Is there a problem, um, sir?" He glances around nervously. (By your description, I assume you walk away with little or no comment, let me know if you wish to do something different.)

Following your excursions, you have met back at tavern you passed on the way from the Red Dragon. There are enough people inside that your entrance does not cause comment, but you are able to find a table where you can talk quietly without fear being easily overheard.

OOC: Editted to add a bit more information.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Apple Glade is about one day's ride to the north of Orussus, so it is not super near, but could be easily traveled in a couple of days.

IcyCool

First Post
Once they are all gathered around their table, Deos asks, "Well, what did you find out? Do we have any promising leads yet?"

buzzard

First Post
IcyCool said:
Once they are all gathered around their table, Deos asks, "Well, what did you find out? Do we have any promising leads yet?"

"Saw man lighting fires all over place. Figured he could be trouble. Followed him some, but he saw me following him so I stopped. What do you mean by lead?"

Lupic will ask with his normal perplexed look.

OOC: Feel free to ignore his comic relief.

buzzard

IcyCool

First Post
buzzard said:
"Saw man lighting fires all over place. Figured he could be trouble. Followed him some, but he saw me following him so I stopped. What do you mean by lead?"

Deos listens to Lupic thoughtfully, and then replies, "Well, a lead is what will point us in the right direction. It will lead us to the people responsible so that you can do to them what it is that you do so well." Deos grins.

"I heard about a former guard by the name of Karl Klosterman. It sounds like he may be responsible for the loss of one of Mr. Hessen's shipments. Perhaps tomorrow we should direct our questions more towards Lily's disappearance, and find out if Klosterman has any connection with Lily or her nurse." Deos looks around at his companions. "If no one has anything to add, I suggest we enjoy a sumptuous meal and get to bed early so we can get a head start on things tomorrow."

Remove ads