• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
She seems very willing to engage in conversation, pointing out the different inks. "I do not normally act as a scribe, but I do have a fine hand and for you, I would make an exception." She works as long as there are customers and is not related to the school, other than an occasional sale. She sells to many of the merchants and clerks in the area.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos remains quiet near Fenwick, spending almost as much time noting Fenwick's questioning style as he does listening to the ink seller.

Findlefarb

First Post
"Your offer is music to my ears, and I must accept. I have a letter to write to a love far away, and I would want it in a fine hand. I fear mine is much too coarse for the task. Please, if I may, here is the letter I wish.

Dearest love,
The stone city is magnificent, but I am alone here. All the finest silks, nor all the crowns in the land, could adorn you more perfectly than your honeyed tresses. Even your purest, lily-white bridge of your nose is to be alive. I stay here, watching the weeks pass by without you. Oh, that I take the path North again, sit by the river, and listen to your dulcet voice.

I shan't tarry,
Fenwick."

Fenwick took a moment to look around at the courtyard, her proximity to the school, and the others in the area.

"My word, that must be a whole host of people that pass this way... The tall, the small, the powerful, the weak, the young, the old... I love to hear about all the people in our travels. Why, just the other day I met up with these most astounding fellows here! Who might you have seen lately? You must see the most amazing persons!"

OOC: I'll check her note. Is it anything like the ransom note? For example, in the words: stone, alone, crowns, lily, bridge, alive, watching, weeks, path, North, river? Also, I want to know more about who she's seen around here for the last couple days.

SlagMortar

First Post
"That will be 5 silver pieces," she says with a smile.

Fenwick said:
"My word, that must be a whole host of people that pass this way... The tall, the small, the powerful, the weak, the young, the old... I love to hear about all the people in our travels. Why, just the other day I met up with these most astounding fellows here! Who might you have seen lately? You must see the most amazing persons!"
"Oh, are these your friends? Hmm.. they are an ... interesting group." She turns back to talking to Fenwick and pointedly ignores the hulking half-orc and huge dwarf. "Indeed there are a lot of people. Not a real diverse crowd though. Mostly just merchants and their clerks and guards, and their families. These houses are all owned by merchants, and the school over there," she points at a building 2 blocks away," is only for the children of the wealthy."

Noticing your weaponry, she remarks, "Are you looking for a position as a guard? Or did you just need a letter written."

At first glance you immediately can tell that the handwriting is much different. The writing of the ransom note looked more masculine.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle bounces from foot to foot in excitement, his huge jowls rolling up and down his face like waves breaking upon a beach, his bright eyes shining out from the folds of fat that nestle them like twin pearls in a bed of oyster meat. The fat dwarf's nose twitches and seems to almost roam around his face in a desire to follow all the various food smells that waft mysteriously through the markets.

SlagMortar

First Post
Just as opens her mouth to answer, Lupic lets out a loud belch (most inopportune moment, check). She falters for a moment and glances at Lupic. "Why yes, actually, there was a merchant caravan that was attacked and was a total loss. Some of the guards were fired, no doubt. I don't remember which merchant though. I'm sure you could ask around."

Last edited:

Findlefarb

First Post
"I suppose I should, then. We wouldn't want to fall to banditry. Thank you, m'lady. You've been most helpful, and it was wonderful to meet you. And I do thank you most wholeheartedly for the letter. My love will treasure it always."

Fenwick then turns to go.

Remove ads