Recruiting - Shards of the Silver Flame (recruiting re-opened)

drothgery

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hee. Caught redhanded.

In seriousness though, the intent of this character is not to reproduce in exactness. The obsession with violence isn't necessary to the central idea of this character (which really circulates around self-discovery and warforged/other race relations). I mainly included the reference for humorous purposes.

On the other hand, as there are significant mechanical issues to the build as well (the cha penalty is hurty), if that idea just doesn't resonate, I'd be more than happy to provide an alternative. :)

Oh, there's nothing wrong with a warforged warmage with an offbeat sense of humor. And a -2 Cha penalty isn't too bad in the long run. It's just that HK tended to cause lots of problems for light-siders...

Shayuri

First Post
Oh I dunno. I always just told him to hold his horses. He'd get whiny, but it's not like he'd every shoot against orders. :)

However, I can easily tone-down/eliminate all that stuff. It was mainly tacked on after the fact anyway. The initial appeal this character had for me was the idea of its "spells" actually representing different weapon systems that would unfold out of various places on its chassis, then retract back when done.

So the "magic missile" spell might be a multi-barrel weapon that spits out shots with rapid precision, while a Fireball could be a large-bore cannon that emerges from behind its chest plates. Strictly flavor only, of course. Full components still required, barring feat use. Just a touch of visual flair. :)

Dracomeander

First Post
I think I'll throw my bid in for this game.

For a character concept, I looking to try the apprentice smith turned Paladin/Exorcist of the Silver Flame, Martel Flameweaver.

I have to get ready for my tabletop game now, but will be able to flesh out the concept more late tonight.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
drothgery said:
Brother Shatterstone - I wouldn't have posted a note about this game in the OOC thread of the KotOR game if I weren't hoping you could come up with something.

I have the book out of storage now and I'll see if I cannot think of something. :D

Lord Wyrm

First Post
drothgery said:
A few comments so far -
One general comment -- if you're proposing a character that's neither from Thrane nor a follower of the Silver Flame, some explanation of why you're working on their behalf (and have for some time at the start of the game) would be good (if you're figuring on developing a reason once you see the other PCs, just say so). I'll edit the first message to that effect.

drothgery said:
Lord Wyrm - Alarich looks like he could be intersting, but probably needs some kind of motivation to stay with the group.

Alarich, while not tied to the Silver Flame or the party by his history, is still a loyal soldier and member of house Deneith. In his own sense of honor he's going to stick it out for his house and nation.

I'm also enjoying the torn loyalties of Alarich: the party, Karrnath, his mission, the Wayfinders, house Deneith, his undead soldiers in the Mournland; just to name a few of them. For an honorable man such as Alarich these just keep piling up. Also let us not forget he was there for the Day of Mourning and has been to the Mournland and barely made it out. The horrors he has seen probably eclipse those of the other party members, having read some of the concepts thus far.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
drothgery said:
stonegod - Saalin looks good

Cool beans. Here be what I put together for a stat-block, argh (I know, I'm several days light for "Talk-like-a-pirate-day"):

[SBlock=Stat Block]
Saalin Corleius CR 7
Male elf wizard 5/cleric 1/silver pyromancer 1
LG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan

__
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 15
hp 23 (7 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +11

__
Spd 30 ft.
Melee +1 flame-touched rapier +5 (1d6/18-20) or
Melee mwk cold-iron longsword +2 (1d8-/19-20) or
Melee mwk silver dagger +5 (1d4-2/19-20) or
Ranged mwk shortbow +5 (1d6/19-20)
Base Atk +2; Grp +1
Attack Options Weapon Finesse, Maximize Spell, Divine Metamagic (Maximize Spell)
Special Atk purge undead, spontaneous casting (heal spells), turn undead 4/day (+2, 2d6+2, 2nd)
Combat Gear ring of protection +1*, wand of cure light wounds (50)
* bonuses already applied
Wizard Prepared (CL 5th:
3rd—fireball (CL 7), fly
2nd—body of the sun (CL 7), scorching ray (CL 7), whirling blade
1st—burning hands (CL 7), flamebound weapon, mage armor*, shield
0-daze, flare, mage hand, message

* bonuses already applied
Cleric Prepared (CL 1st):
1st—divine favor (2), sanctuary (D)
0-detect magic, guidance, light
(D): Domain Spell. Domains: Good, Protection
__
Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 8, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 12
SQ faint aura of good, familiar (raven), elf abilities
Feats Arcane Disciple (Good), Divine Metamagic (Maximize Spell), Maximize Spell, Weapon Finesse
Skills Concentration +10, Heal +11, Knowledge (arcana) +13; Knowledge (religion) +14, Ride +4, Spellcraft +16
Possessions amulet of health, Aureon spelshard, eternal lantern, fine clothing, +1 flametouched rapier, flametouched holy symbol, identity papers, masterwork cold-iron longsword, masterwork silver dagger, masterwork shortbow, 10 arrows, sacks, scroll of phantom steed, scrollcase, spell components, wand of cure light wounds (50), 600 gp
Wizard Spells Known: 0-all; 1st-bless weapon, burning hands (CL 7), color spray, flamebound weapon, identify, mage armor, magic weapon, orb of fire (CL 7), protection from evil, shield, true strike; 2nd-aid, blur, body of the sun (CL 7), detect thoughts, false life, flaming sphere (CL 7), fireburst (CL 7), protection from arrows, pyrotechnics (CL 7), scorching ray (CL 7), whirling blade; 3rd-blessing of Bahamut, daylight, dispel magic, fireball (CL 7), flame arrow (CL 7), fly, keen edge, magic circle against evil, phantom steed
__
Purge Undead (Su) 30-ft radius, 6d6, Will DC 15 half.
[/SBlock]

FYI: Saalin is middle-aged; he raised his Charisma at 4th level.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
Cool beans. Here be what I put together for a stat-block, argh (I know, I'm several days light for "Talk-like-a-pirate-day"):

Looks good at first glance, though it's a bit early for statblocks. Just as a for future reference thing, citations would be nice for anything that's not in the PHB or DMG so that I can look them up.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
drothgery said:
Looks good at first glance, though it's a bit early for statblocks.

Not a problem, but I had some time between tornados (and would not have the same time during the week). Recreational character generation is a pastime.

drothgery said:
Just as a for future reference thing, citations would be nice for anything that's not in the PHB or DMG so that I can look them up.

I have references for it all; when the "final" versions are closer to ready, I'll annotate. All ECS or Complete * materials.

Grunk

First Post
Consider me interested. I'm an experienced 3.5 gamer. I haven't really ever played in a PbP game though I'm interested in starting. Don't know much about Ebberon, though I have the book. I'll flip through it tonight.

Remove ads