Recruiting - Shards of the Silver Flame (recruiting re-opened)

Shalimar

First Post
I'm still interested, I have that Ranger 5/Were-touched master 2, or I can work up something else if you would prefer, what do you think would best fit in with the party at this point?

Dracomeander

First Post
I'd be interested. I still have my notes for Martel Flameweaver the Paladin/Exorcist of the Silver Flame or could work something else up if needed.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
I'm still willing to run Alarich d'Deneith if you are willing to let me. I may alter the background concerning how he was contacted a bit, make it easier for party integration.

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar said:
I'm still interested, I have that Ranger 5/Were-touched master 2, or I can work up something else if you would prefer, what do you think would best fit in with the party at this point?

Hmm... I don't think I saw a write-up of that.

With a Rogue/Swashbuckler, a Monk, a Wizard (okay, a Cleric 1/Wiz 5/Silver Pyromancer 1), and a Bard, the most obvious "need" spots are a full divine caster (Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, or Archivist -- heck, if someone wants to play Kahlia ir'Indari, who's Archivist 3/Aristocrat 1, as a PC, she'd quickly advance in level to match the PCs) and a tank fighter (fighter, paladin, barbarian). But there's not a real wilderness-oriented character either (though adventuring in and around Thrane might not be fun for a shifter), and I'm really just looking for a couple of interesting characters that would fit with the party.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I'm still interested.
However you were not too keen on my submission last time.
You say you are in need for a tank?
Well a Warforge PW/WJ may be your answer. (Check the first page)
- Self healing and self buff
I am willing to re-work his background a bit so that it is more in line to what you having and what you have in mind.
Let me know.

-Blood

Shalimar

First Post
Dave, I have a Favored soul on the way, and I was wondering if you would ok the use of the Ashandarei from the Wheel of Time Setting as an Exotic Weapon. Its the same damage as a spear(slashing vs piercing), it just allows you to use the other side as a quarter staff, and use it for two weapon fighting with the off-hand as light penalty (costing 80gp).

Actually the character is pretty much Mat with divine powers, and a tad less free spirited, she is the poster child for the stereotype that favored souls generally have no discipline. She is pretty flamboyant, and irreverent, wearing bright clothing like a red jacket, black Leggings, and depending on her mood a bright green hat(much like Mat's actually). Her philosophy is that life is one big adventure, and the Silver Flame has given her the abilities to make the most of it so she has something of a philosophical imperative to have fun and adventure, helping out the people of Thrane (and other nations), and destroy the evil creatures that threaten them.

Sound ok?

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar said:
Dave, I have a Favored soul on the way, and I was wondering if you would ok the use of the Ashandarei from the Wheel of Time Setting as an Exotic Weapon. Its the same damage as a spear(slashing vs piercing), it just allows you to use the other side as a quarter staff, and use it for two weapon fighting with the off-hand as light penalty (costing 80gp).

I don't see any mechanical problems (and I'd chop the weight down to 6 lbs; it should weigh less than a quarterstaff + a shortsword, not twice as much).

Shalimar said:
Actually the character is pretty much Mat with divine powers, and a tad less free spirited, she is the poster child for the stereotype that favored souls generally have no discipline. She is pretty flamboyant, and irreverent, wearing bright clothing like a red jacket, black Leggings, and depending on her mood a bright green hat(much like Mat's actually). Her philosophy is that life is one big adventure, and the Silver Flame has given her the abilities to make the most of it so she has something of a philosophical imperative to have fun and adventure, helping out the people of Thrane (and other nations), and destroy the evil creatures that threaten them.

Sound ok?

Could work.

Shalimar

First Post
Code:
Name: Kira Maxwell
Class: Favored Soul 6 / Fighter 1
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Silver Flame

Str:	10 +0 (2p)	Level: 7 	XP: 21500
Dex:	15 +3 (8p)	BAB: +5	HP: 46 (9+30+7)
Con:	12 +1 (4p)	Grapple: +5     
Int:	14 +2 (6p)	Speed: 30'       
Wis:	12 +1 (4p)	Init: +2        
Cha: 	16 +3 (8p)	ACP: 0
*Upped Charisma with 4th level pt

Base  Armor	Shld	Dex	Nat	Misc	Total
Armor:		10    	+6	+0	+3	+1	+0	20
Touch: 13              
Flatfooted: 17

Armor:
+1 Mithril Shirt
-[Glamered], 4800gp, 10 lbs
Amulet of Natural Armor +1, 2000gp

Base	Mod	Misc	Total
Fort:	5	+1		+6
Ref:	5	+2		+7
Will:	5	+1		+6

Weapon		Attack		Damage	Critical
Ashandarei [+1]	+7 or +5/+5	1D8/1D6	19/20 x2
2380 GP, 6 lbs.
MW  Long Bow	+10		1D8		20 x3
Darkwood, 405 GP, 1.5 lbs. (Generally stored in Quiver of Ehlonna)

Languages: Common, Celestial
Abilities: Deity Weapon Focus (Longbow), Energy Resistance 10 (Fire) 
Feats:
Free: Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, Heavy); Shield Proficiency, Weapon Proficiency (all);  
1st Level: Augment Healing (2* Spell Level extra HP regained), Two-Weapon Fighting
Fighter Bonus:  Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Ashandarei)
3rd: Combat Expertise
6th: Weapon Focus (Ashandarei)

Skill Points: 50       Max Ranks: 10/5 6th
Skills			Ranks	Mod	Misc	Total
Concentration		10	1		+11
Diplomacy		10	3		+13
Heal			5	1	2	+8
Intimidate		3	3		+6
Knowledge (Arcana)	8			+10
Profession (Gambler)	2	1		+3
Ride			2	2		+4
Spell-craft		10	2	2	+14

Equipment: 603.9GP Remaining
Handy Haversack, 2000 GP, 2 lbs.
Gloves of Dexterity +2, 4,000 GP
Quiver of Ehlonna 1803 GP, 2 lbs. (60 Arrows, Quarter Staff, MW Longbow)
Wooden Holly Symbol, 1 GP
Belt Pouch, 1GP, ½ lbs.
Spell Component Pouch 5GP, 2 lbs.

Haversack(Inside):
Bedroll				.1gp
Water skin			1gp
Trail Rations x4		2gp
Id w/ portrait (ECS)		5gp
small steel mirror		10gp
assorted jewelry (stowed)	50gp
courtier’s outfit		130gp	(glammer-weave)
Flint/Steel			1gp
Ink (1oz vial)			8gp
Ink pen				.8gp
Parchment x6			1.2GP
Healer’s Kit			50GP
Wand of Cure Light Wounds(50)	750GP

22.5 lbs. carried 33 lbs. Light Load. 

SPELLS Per Day:
6/7/6/4
SPELLS Known:
7/5/4/3
0 Level:
Create Water, Detect Magic, Cure Minor wounds, Detect Poison, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
1st Level:
Nimbus of Light, Shield of Faith, Bless, Sanctuary, Divine Favor
2nd Level:
Cure Moderate Wounds (2D8+10), Align Weapon, Bull’s Strength, Lesser Restoration
3rd Level:
Bestow Curse, Dispel Magic, Searing Light

Appearance
A young human woman, dressed in what appears to be slightly flashy travelers clothes. She carries a rather odd spear with a head that looks like it might belong more to a sword. Around her neck is a wooden holy symbol dedicated to the Silver Flame, though it’d be hard to place her as a follower of the religion’s tenets from her somewhat haphazard appearance. There is an air of utter unconcern about her, like she has no worries in the world.

She is of medium height for a human female (5' 5"), with a very toned, lithe frame (120 lbs.). Her eyes are a serene blue with a steely fire behind them; her brown hair is gathered in a haphazard ponytail that trails out from under a brown hat.

Background
Kira was born in 983 in the Hamlet of Lessyk without much to look forward to except for a stray raiding party or the passing by of merchants on their way to Flamekeep. Possibly she might have joined with the war effort, but even that wasn’t to be. Kira had always seemed rather lucky, as if she had a guardian angel over her shoulder, and things had a way of happening around her. To get away from the slow village life she went off to have adventures, she left for Flamekeep to join the Army, but by the time she was trained, the war was over with the treaty signed. It was just as well, the rigidity of military life was not for Kira, and by this time she was already attracting the attention of the Church for her instinctive use of the Silver Flame’s divine power. She has spent the last few years on the road battling against the forces that wish to see Thrane come to harm, appearing to be a simple wanderer just drifting from place to place.

Kira came to the attentions of Lord Reverend Alistair because of her divine Gifts and other skills and has actually performed a few investigations for him over the course of her wanderings. Who better to ask questions then a wandering healer who charged a fraction of what Jorasco did for her services, if charged at all?

Remove ads