• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting - Shards of the Silver Flame (recruiting re-opened)

drothgery

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
How are we doing HP?

1/2 max + 1 + Con bonus for all levels after 1st.

So

d4 = 3
d6 = 4
d8 = 5
d10 = 6
d12 = 7

And just a little advice for anyone building their character...

1) Don't worry too much about what you'll be doing more than two or three levels from now; the next PBP game I see that lasts long enough for PCs to gain 5 levels will be the first -- and I've played in or run games that have lasted years. I wanted to run a mid-level game, so that's where the PCs are starting at.

2) If there's something that you think is cool for your character concept, but a bit sub-optimal mechanically, take it. A marginal edge in combat in a PBP game isn't that big of a deal, especially when you've got fully-equiped 32-point buy characters with action points.

Last edited:

Ringmereth

First Post
Here's a first draft. I've still to finish his equipment and tweak feats and skills. Regarding the leadership feat, do you want me to design my own cohort? I like the idea of a nonconformist, revolutionary paladin, but if you think that ferreting out the injust from one's own ranks and challenging the power structure of the land violates the lawful aspect of paladinhood, that probably wouldn't work out. Personally, I think the arguement could be made that the governing bodies of Thrane and the Church of the Silver Flame are not legitimate authorities, and therefore a paladin can disobey them in the name of a good cause. If you don't, then I'll look into something else-perhaps a Swashbuckler.

Gevarth Fehrenn
Race: Human
Class: Cleric 4/Church Inquisitor 3
Hit Dice: 7d8+7
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 feet
AC: 22 (10 +9 armor +3 shield)
Touch: 10
Flat-footed: 22
BAB/Grapple: +5
Attack: Morningstar +9 (1d8+3)
Full Attack: Morningstar +9 (1d8+3)
Face/Reach: 5x5/5 ft
Special Attacks: Spells, Turn Undead 5/day
Special Qualities: Detect Evil, Immune to Charms, Pierce Illusion
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +11
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 19 (+1 level, +2 enhancement), Cha 14
Skills: Concentration +10 [9], Diplomacy +10 [8], Gather Information +3 [1], Knowledge (arcana) +5 [4], Knowledge (religion) +10 [9], Sense Motive +10 [6], Spellcraft +10 [9]
Feats: Augmented Healing, Leadership, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus (Morningstar)
Languages: Common, Draconic
Alignment: Lawful Good
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 219 lbs

Inventory:
+1 Morningstar (2300 gp)
+1 Full Plate (2650 gp)
+1 Large Steel Shield (1150 gp)
Amulet of Wisdom +2 (4000 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +2 (4000 gp)
4900 gp

Spells:
0: Create Water, Guidance, Light x2, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless, Divine Favor, Doom, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
2nd: Aid, Hold Person, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3rd: Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light
4th: Dismissal, Divine Power

Domains:
1st: Sanctuary
2nd: Zone of Truth
3rd: Protection from Energy
4th: Spell Immunity

drothgery

First Post
Ringmereth said:
Here's a first draft. I've still to finish his equipment and tweak feats and skills. Regarding the leadership feat, do you want me to design my own cohort? I like the idea of a nonconformist, revolutionary paladin, but if you think that ferreting out the injust from one's own ranks and challenging the power structure of the land violates the lawful aspect of paladinhood, that probably wouldn't work out. Personally, I think the arguement could be made that the governing bodies of Thrane and the Church of the Silver Flame are not legitimate authorities, and therefore a paladin can disobey them in the name of a good cause. If you don't, then I'll look into something else-perhaps a Swashbuckler.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I don't think Leadership and cohorts work well in a PBP game unless everyone has them (and I'd want a smaller group if everyone had them). Dealing with a cohort that's on-screen most of the time is only marginally less work for me than dealing with another PC, and a mostly off-screen cohort is probably a waste of a feat.

Anax

First Post
Should I put together a full character sheet, drothgery? I've been waiting until we know who all is in so I can see what abilities might be most needed and adapt a bit. But since we have so many characters flying around now, I'm feeling a bit naked. ;>

Ringmereth

First Post
drothgery said:
I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I don't think Leadership and cohorts work well in a PBP game unless everyone has them (and I'd want a smaller group if everyone had them). Dealing with a cohort that's on-screen most of the time is only marginally less work for me than dealing with another PC, and a mostly off-screen cohort is probably a waste of a feat.

I can understand where you're coming from on that. Leadership is out, then-however, I'd really like a feat that represents the resources my character has at his disposal from his sect. I suppose Ecclesiarch represents that to some degree, but mechanically it doesn't give me much.

Hm... would you allow me to use the mechanics of the 'Favored in House' feat and apply them to the Church of the Silver Flame?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
When young Xxxx fell and drowned in a nearly dried out well, the fall was only deep enough to snap her neck and not kill her outright, it was a tragic day for the Alistair household.

The young girl’s mom, Mmmm, had always been frail and, truth be told, the girl’s birth had been the beginning of the end for her as fever had taken to her brain and she was left as a simpleton that loved her daughter and remembered little else. (Including her husband and the young girl’s father.)

No one truly remembers who had suggested it but with Mmmm, who had been inside the family keep at the time, not knowing of the death it was decided that for her shake, no one believed that she would life for long as she had grown frailer still since the Xxxx’s birth, that her last few days should be ones of simple joy and not painful anguish.

It was decided that a young changeling would take the child place and would provide Mmmm’s simple soul with joy till her death. That was 13-14 years ago and now a young changeling has grown up into an adult human female.

My character will almost certainly be a straightforward rogue.

drothgery

First Post
Okay, here's the PCs at first cut ...

Note: I ended up just taking the characters I liked the best, rather than trying to assemble a blanced party.

stonegod - Elf Wizard 5/Cleric 1/Silver Pyromancer 1
wabinder - human monk
Brother Shatterstone - changeling Rogue
SelcSilverhand - Drue Culler, Gnome Bard 7. Neutral Good.
Anax - human rogue/swashbuckler
ShaggySpellsword - changleling Rogue 2/Paladin 4/Shadowbane Inquisitor 1

The new OOC thread is at
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2621103
The new Rogue's Gallery thread (for stats) is at
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2621110

Last edited:

Anax

First Post
Brother Shatterstone: Oh... oh my. Wow.

I think I'm just going to sit here for a bit with my mouth open in shock...

Wow.

Remove ads