Recruitment: Zombies...Day One

Felix1459

First Post
I figured I would..... buy it then see if it mattered enough to catch your attention. Glad it did. I can play up the spoiled rich kid alittle more :) I'll be sure to edit the sheet to show what is on him. Most of it will be in the car.

*edit*

With the new found money...... I added stuff that officers actually have (a professional walkie talkie and a couple of backup pistols, and some zip tie cuffs)

The backup pistols are Jeff's personal property... Glock 26's. It's a subcompact 9mm... so it uses the same ammo as his glock 17 but a smaller magazine. I would think they would have the same stats... but I'll leave that up to you if there is any real mechanical difference.

Just a few differences between the Glock 17 and 26: Glock 26: 2d6 damage Crit: 20 Type: Ballistic Range: 20' Mag: 10 box Size: Tiny Weight: 2lb. Special: It doesn't get the +1 mastercraft like the Glock 17 but it does grant a +2 circumstance bonus on Sleight of Hand checks made tocnceal the weapon. Sidenote: If you ever need to you can take magazines out of larger glocks and use them with your Glock 26, but on the same note you can't the magazine from your 26 and shove it into your 17 because it'd be too shourt.

Felix1459

First Post
Well here is the first look at my character, Dirk Winchester, retired texan stunt driver turned grease monkey.

I will be getting the backstory and apperance done asap, is it alright that I don't buy a car but hot wire one as quick as possible in game? [/qoute]

Hmm...I think that if Zombies are killing people left and right...grand theft auto will be the least of your worries. I'll be adding him to the starting thread.

ethandrew

First Post
Okay, so I'm interested in playing. I've never made a d20 modern character before, but I've got time at work today. I'm thinking of running a college student, taking a semester off to deal with some personal issues, when all this fuss starts coming about. More details to follow.

ethandrew

First Post
Thanks for your help! Here's the first draft, please pick through it and let me know what I need to fix/edit.

Background posted.

[sblock=Courtney Tuber - Fast Hero]Name: Courtney Tuber
Fast Hero 1

Str: 12 +1 (4p.) Level: 1 XP: 0
Dex: 18 +4 (16p.) BAB: +0 Hit points: 10 (d8 + 2 con)
Con: 14 +2 (6p.) Grapple: +1 Wound points: 15
Int: 14 +2 (6p.) Action Points: 5
Wis: 10 +0 (2p.) Init: +4
Cha: 10 +0 (2p.) Speed: 35

Defense: 17 = 10 base + 3 class + 4 dex

Ranged: +4
Melee: +1

Club: +1 1d6+1 19-20 10ft range Piercing
Browning BPS: +4 2d10 20 30ft range Ballistic
Barrett Light Fifty: +4 2d12 20 120ft range Ballistic
Desert Eagle: +4 2d8 20 40ft range Ballistic

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 0 +2 +2
Ref: 1 +4 +5
Will: 0 +0 +0

Languages: English

Feats:
Simple Weapons Proficiency
Heroic Surge
Drive-by-Attack
Personal Firearms Proficiency
Armor Proficiency (Light)
Moonlighting
Ambidextrous

Skill Points: 28 Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Drive 4 +4 +8
Escape Artist 4 +4 +8
Hide 4 +4 +8
Know: Earth & Life Science 4 +2 +6
Know: Streetwise 4 +2 +6
Move Silently 4 +4 +8
Tumble 4 +4 +8

Talents:
Increased Speed

Equipment:

First Aid Kit
Backpack
Duct Tape
Binoculars - Standard
Compass
Flashlight
Cell Phone
Digital Camera
Concealed Holster
Trail Rations

200 rounds of .50AE ammo
100 rounds of .50 ammo
80 rounds of 10ga ammo

Club
Browning BPS
Barrett Light Fifty
Desert Eagle

Wealth: 8
Wealth Check (2d4+2=8)

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 174
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Background:
Courtney Tuber was a junior at the University of Washington in Seattle. But he wasn’t doing too well. He was a walk-on wide receiver for his first two years, never saw any game time, and when the new coach got hired, Courtney was promptly cut. He took it hard, his studies lacked, his over-abundance of free time got him into a little bit of trouble, whether it be the sauce or a few pills here and there.

To put it succinctly, Courtney was on academic probation. He was back in Sacramento, a city he’d always wanted to leave, so he spent most of his time back over in Oakland staying with friends, or in the mountains hunting. He’d take his old ’87 Toyota truck up and spend a day or two, if he shot anything, great, if not, it allowed him to clear his mind.

And so today, he got up pre-dawn, loaded his gear and guns that he’d already packed the night before, and set off. Maybe he’d get some breakfast at some truck-stop along the way, or maybe he’d just drive right through and find a good spot to hunt.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Well someone is packing heat in a big way, with that sort of armory at your disposal you may want to look at Gunslinger. Me being the other fast hero in the group (I think :erm:) I'm going for Speed Demon, so our charcters could work well together.

Just a thought, take it or leave it it's your choice

ethandrew

First Post
I was going for someone who's on his way to go hunting, which is why he'd have such a large array of guns on his person/in his vehicle. I'm not entirely sure how feasible this is for a 1st level character, however, so if I need to trim back a bit I suppose that's manageable.

I'm feeling that we'll have a lot of overlap between characters, but I didn't want to short myself too much lest I get my brains chomped.

Remove ads