Recruitment: Zombies...Day One

Frozen Messiah

First Post
I have to disagree with overlap, Your character seems to use guns as a weapon of choice where as Dirk Winchester uses the grill, the bumper, the side and the wheels of his car a car as his weapons of choice. If you would be willing to take drive-by-shot (the idea that he learnt it by following quick moving game) there is a potent combination there.

Again I'm just throwing it out there

ethandrew

First Post
I have to disagree with overlap, Your character seems to use guns as a weapon of choice where as Dirk Winchester uses the grill, the bumper, the side and the wheels of his car a car as his weapons of choice. If you would be willing to take drive-by-shot (the idea that he learnt it by following quick moving game) there is a potent combination there.

Again I'm just throwing it out there

Consider it done, I was debating between that and the Run feat anyway.

Felix1459

First Post
Thanks for your help! Here's the first draft, please pick through it and let me know what I need to fix/edit.

Background posted.

[sblock=Courtney Tuber - Fast Hero]Name: Courtney Tuber
Fast Hero 1

Str: 12 +1 (4p.) Level: 1 XP: 0
Dex: 18 +4 (16p.) BAB: +0 Hit points: 10 (d8 + 2 con)
Con: 14 +2 (6p.) Grapple: +1 Wound points: 15
Int: 14 +2 (6p.) Action Points: 5
Wis: 10 +0 (2p.) Init: +4
Cha: 10 +0 (2p.) Speed: 35

Defense: 17 = 10 base + 3 class + 4 dex

Ranged: +4
Melee: +1

Club: +1 1d6+1 19-20 10ft range Piercing [Just change this to Bludgeoning]
Browning BPS: +4 2d10 20 30ft range Ballistic
Barrett Light Fifty: +4 2d12 20 120ft range Ballistic
Desert Eagle: +4 2d8 20 40ft range Ballistic

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 0 +2 +2
Ref: 1 +4 +5
Will: 0 +0 +0

Languages: English

Feats:
Simple Weapons Proficiency
Heroic Surge
Drive-by-Attack
Personal Firearms Proficiency
Armor Proficiency (Light)
Moonlighting
Ambidextrous

Skill Points: 28 Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Drive 4 +4 +8
Escape Artist 4 +4 +8
Hide 4 +4 +8
Know: Earth & Life Science 4 +2 +6
Know: Streetwise 4 +2 +6
Move Silently 4 +4 +8
Tumble 4 +4 +8

Talents:
Increased Speed

Equipment:

First Aid Kit
Backpack
Duct Tape
Binoculars - Standard
Compass
Flashlight
Cell Phone
Digital Camera
Concealed Holster
Trail Rations

200 rounds of .50AE ammo
100 rounds of .50 ammo
80 rounds of 10ga ammo

Club
Browning BPS
Barrett Light Fifty
Desert Eagle

Wealth: 8
Wealth Check (2d4+2=8)

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 174
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Background:
Courtney Tuber was a junior at the University of Washington in Seattle. But he wasn’t doing too well. He was a walk-on wide receiver for his first two years, never saw any game time, and when the new coach got hired, Courtney was promptly cut. He took it hard, his studies lacked, his over-abundance of free time got him into a little bit of trouble, whether it be the sauce or a few pills here and there.

To put it succinctly, Courtney was on academic probation. He was back in Sacramento, a city he’d always wanted to leave, so he spent most of his time back over in Oakland staying with friends, or in the mountains hunting. He’d take his old ’87 Toyota truck up and spend a day or two, if he shot anything, great, if not, it allowed him to clear his mind.

And so today, he got up pre-dawn, loaded his gear and guns that he’d already packed the night before, and set off. Maybe he’d get some breakfast at some truck-stop along the way, or maybe he’d just drive right through and find a good spot to hunt.[/sblock]

Looks great, just one thing there with the club damage type...other than that it looks great. I'll write you in.

Walking Dad

First Post
Can somebody help me with the wealth / equipment system?

Need a harley, heavy biker leather outfit, a shotgun and a basball bat.

[sblock=stats]Occupation: Criminal
Know (streetwise)
Personal Firearms Proficiency
(Beretta MP3 1d20+2;2d8)

Tough 1

Str: 15 (8)
Dex: 14 (6)
Con: 16 (10)
Int: 12 (4)
Wis: 14 (6)
Cha: 10 (2)

Skills (Ranks only):
Know (streetwise) 4
Craft Mechanical 3
Drive 4
Spot 3
Intimidate 1
Survival 1

Talent: Second Wind

Feats:
Defensive Martial Arts
Combat Throw

[/sblock]

Shawn Smith speaking shortly after seeing the first zombies (inspired by an archetype in another game):

It's like wild west all over again. Life’s gone to hell, and only the strong and mean and tough are left standing. I only need my ride, my shotgun, a gal, and some guys to hang around. What else do I need?
A haircut, a nine-to-fivewaste- of-my-life-make-work kind of pissant job? I don’t think so. Not before the rotten stood up, not know. I’m on the road, wind in my hair. Hey, no helmet laws now, right?
The zombies? I now the films. They’re only a problem if you are slow or stupid. I figure they are just making sure it’s survival of the fittest, like it’s supposed to be. (grins) The only people those slow walkin’ lifeimpaired get are the soft middle class salary slaves and they were already dead . . .

Last edited:

Felix1459

First Post
For wealth just roll 2d4+1(criminal occupation) and get your results...

I'd buy the bat (dc 4) 1st because I'm pretty sure it won't affect your wealth. Then the biker gear (dc 9) and then take a 20 on wealth check for the Harley...though I'd buy any other little things that wouldn't affect your wealth 1st.

Remove ads