Resurrection City IV: Et In Arcadia Ego

JimAde

First Post
Trevor nods as he listens to Yeats, thinking Paris would be lovely. I haven't been in ages. In answer to Yeats' question he says, "If Doctor Westcott is concerned about his finances, I'm certain I could lend a hand. If his continued presence in your order will put a stick in Harrington's eye, I'm all for it."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Yeats smirks. "Very kind of you, Baron. We shall see what we can do. Thank you for your offer." A pause. "Then to Paris it is with you. But as I suggest, a holiday first. Do either of you know a nice spot in the country where you could rest a bit?"

(notes on the OOC board)

JimAde

First Post
Trevor chuckles. "Walsingham is beautiful this time of year. I also know people is Scotland if you think we should make ourselves a little more scarce."

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"I'm afraid that I'm again showing how provincial I am, but I've never seen Walsingham, although I've been to Scotland briefly. A trip to either sounds grand."

JimAde

First Post
At this Trevor laughs out loud. "You are in good company having never been to Walsingham," he says. "It's a tiny little village, where the most exciting thing that happens is the May festival. I think it's just what we need after all this unpleasantness."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Yeats nods. "Good," he says, finishing his meal. "A few weeks in the Norfolk countryside will do you good, I think." He procures rooms -- at the Two Horns, no less -- and you plan on leaving for London on the morning train. Before turning in, he informs Diggory that there is a Golden Dawn gathering the next evening, and several new members will be inducted. He, of course, is expected to attend.

The train arrives at Paddington by noontime. After their lunches, Diggory and Trevor go their seperate ways until the next train leaves for Walsingham. Trevor is off to attend a meeting of the House of Lords, and Diggory off to attend the Dawn function thet Yeats spoke of.

(Diggory's ending)
[sblock]Diggory enters the Golden Dawn lodge only a few moments before the ceremony begins. In attendance are Yeats, Farr and -- most surprising -- Westcott. Silence falls as the ceremony begins. One by one, the new recruits are brought out. Diggory's mind wanders as the new members are initiated, but his attention is grabbed by a slight young man, no more than 23, who kneels before Westcott like the others.

"...no longer are you Edward Alexander Crowley, but now Frater Perdurabo of the Golden Dawn. Rise now," Westcott says to the young man. When the newly-initiated Frater Perdurabo rises, Diggory gets a good look at him. It is Langan.[/sblock]
(Trevor's ending)
[sblock]Enjoying the afternoon air, Trevor walks down Regent Street towards Whitehall and the Houses of Parliament. Along the way, he passes a familiar figure, and does a double-take looking back. He follows the figure along The Mall, and as he turns a corner Trevor sees his face -- indeed it is -- it is Langan. He doesn't hear -- or pretends not to hear -- Trevor's calls of greeting as he disappears into the Admiralty building.[/sblock]

Note on the OOC thread.

JimAde

First Post
Pausing thoughtfully at the corner, Trevor considers his options. Nodding grimly to himself he strides down the street toward the Houses of Parliament. Time to put out a few feelers, he thinks.

OOC: If Langan is at the Admiralty, he's probably involved with the government and/or militar somehow. Maybe some discreet inquiries at the House of Lords will turn up a connection. This can be done "off camera" and I don't expect anything to come of it right away, since I will value discretion over results. But Trevor's keeping his "ear to the street" as it were.

Remove ads