Resurrection City IV: Et In Arcadia Ego

JimAde

First Post
"Looks like housekeeping's been in," Walsingham observes. He moves over to the desk. "I wonder if our lady took the time to return here after killing Ferencz." He carefully opens the desk's center drawer, looking inside, then begins to go through the others.

[sblock]
Search check of the room. Take 20 if the others agree to it, which means I get...20! :) (+0 on the check)
[/sblock]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Diggory finds a trunk under the bed, evidently Sosostris' luggage. He brings it up onto the bed and opens it, carefully searching through it. He finds only mundane items such as clothes. Longtree searches the closet, but finds nothing of interest. Trevor combs through the desk drawers, but the only item of interest he finds is a small silver key suspended from a thin gold chain.

(Diggory)
[sblock]Make a Spot roll.[/sblock]

JimAde

First Post
Dangling the key on its chain before him, Trevor says, "This could be interesting." He smirks and adds, "Perhaps it's the key to her heart." He pockets the key and says, "I'm going to have a quick chat with the clerk. Back in two shakes." He sweeps out through the door.

[OOC: Just want to find out if the clerk saw Harrington return here after we last saw her. I'm assuming not, or her things would probably be gone. I also want to find out how long she was registered for, if I can.]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Searching rapidly through the clothes, Diggory raps on the bottom of the trunk, which is hollow-sounding. He exposes an area towards the edge of the box and reveals a small, silver lock.

Just at that moment, Trevor, who has found a small key in the desk, leaves the room to question the staff of the hotel.

He learns that the clerk hadn't seen Harrington return to the hotel in the last hour or two, and she had rented the room for a time period she wrote in the registry as "Indefinite" -- the clerk explains that, as she was with the fair, this meant that she intended to stay until the carnival season was past.

Actually, Kajamba, that rather pathetic 7 was sufficient. ;) I'll overlook the fumble just this once.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
OOC: Awfully kind of you. Thanks much. :eek:

When Trevor returns...
"Say, Walsingham. What's say ye bring that key over here?" He pauses for a beat. "Let's hope it's not the key to her heart, eh?"

JimAde

First Post
Trevor hands the key to Diggory and says with a smile, "Can't be. It's not made of ice." He relates what he learned from the clerk as Diggory tries to unlock the box.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Diggory fumbles with the key, and in a moment the trapdoor springs open. Inside are two books -- one a large, extremely old one the size of the world atlases found in libraries, with the name Oedipus Aegypancus on the spine, the other a smaller tome published by Bridewell of London. It is called Nameless Cults and purports to be a translation of an earlier German volume by a man named von Junzt.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
"Reading materials. Oedipus Aegypancus and Nameless Cults. A little bedtime reading, perhaps?" Diggory shakes his head. "I should be getting back. I think my contact ought to be here shortly. And I think he might be interested in taking a gander at these."

Remove ads