Rodney Thompson Leaves Wizards of the Coast

On one side -well, damn. I've always loved his work, especially back in the Star Wars saga days. On the other side, i can't wait to see where he lands - I just hope he lands well.

On one side -well, damn. I've always loved his work, especially back in the Star Wars saga days.

On the other side, i can't wait to see where he lands - I just hope he lands well.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Rodney is that rare combination of grace, genius, and grognard. He had a huge part in creating the finest edition of my favorite game. I'm grateful, and wish him continued challenge, success, and happiness.

Li Shenron

Legend
I think he was the best of the designers' bunch. Well, 5e is done now, and it's possible that from now on it's mostly adventures, and only marginal design work, but the team is certainly diminished without him.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Who holds the rights to doing any new Star Wars RPGs? With the new movies coming out the interest may peak enough for someone to want to produce one.

Perhaps this could be the move he is making.

Just idle speculation.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Who holds the rights to doing any new Star Wars RPGs? With the new movies coming out the interest may peak enough for someone to want to produce one.

Just idle speculation.

Fantasy Flight is already making the SW RPG.

From the webstite Glassdoor that lets employees talk about their experiences at companies, WotC seems like a not so great place to work if you want promotions and be stimulated as a creator.

Thompson probably wants a working environment where he can get both.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Just idle speculation.

Fantasy Flight Games has the current license, has been busy product SW RPGs for a couple of years now, and recently had the license renewed through Episode 7.

Remove ads

Remove ads