• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGXplorer - Opinions?

frog

Explorer
Hey all. Am looking around through my old Favorites and stumbled onto the RPGXplorer web page. Any reviews or comments on this software?

Mercule

Adventurer
I haven't played with it for eight or nine months, so my opinion may be outdated, but here it is, based on the demo version:

RPGX is a pretty application. It works fairly well for a core/RAW game and has a very nice interface and character printout. If that's what you're after, you'll probably like RPGX. Download the demo, if it's still available.

If you are someone with a lot of house rules, then it's probably not for you. I found it practically impossible to put in some of my house rules, like wholesale eliminating the Cleric class and adding a spontaneous Priest in its place. Weapon Groups from UA were right out, as was armor as DR (again, UA). My understanding is that it now handles psionics, but it didn't handle that or spell points when I was looking at it.

Edit: I just went out and checked the RPGX site. It looks like some of my issues with it (specifically, spell points/psionics) have been resolved or will be in the next release. I'll probably be downloading the demo again to check out the changes.

Last edited:

Anurien

First Post
The new version of RPGXplorer (1.03) will be out shortly.

It's been in beta for several months now and we've added an absolute ton of stuff.

I'll make an announcement here when it is ready. Look out for tutorial movies we're putting together which will get you up and running in no time at all and introduce new and improved functionality.

Of note:

Completely customisable spellcasters that now support spontaneous cleric, spell points, Artificer style classes and others.

Completely new UI including spectacular preset and user filtering functionality and a complete browser of the ENTIRE SRD in HTML form with favorites, multi-tab browsing etc.

Support for bonus class skills, bonus domains too and some other cool stuff such as scribe scroll.

Anyhow, like I said, it will be announced shortly. If you already have a license you can download the latest beta from our forums (requires key).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads