Shards of Memory: OOC

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Ok, RA, you want to let me know what gear she has? You'd have a better idea. Didn't she buy something that let her change her clothing ala hat of disguise?

I've got her statted out though, as far as I know, feats, skills, etc. I think they're fairly consistant with her and what she's done. I also don't know how old she is, weight, hight, etc.
Did she buy that or was it Disguise Self? 5'4'' 118 lbs 22 years old.

Bront

The man with the probe
Any other gear she'd have or have aquired?

I have no clue how much money she has/had available to her, nor what she managed to grab.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Any other gear she'd have or have aquired?

I have no clue how much money she has/had available to her, nor what she managed to grab.
She has expensive clothes and luxury items, plus a whole bunch of cash. Probably just right for a character her level (that much money is a huge amount for anyone but a noble to be carrying around, but she has no magic items, except her Legendary Item, which doesn't count against wealth.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. What's her legendary item? What's she built up so far? I'm sure she has something.

And remember, standard wealth means nothing in your world, since it's all funky and stuff. Should I just equip her reasonably?

And I assume she has arcane spell failure problems?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool. What's her legendary item? What's she built up so far? I'm sure she has something.

And remember, standard wealth means nothing in your world, since it's all funky and stuff. Should I just equip her reasonably?

And I assume she has arcane spell failure problems?
She isn't equipped reasonably--she has tons of cash (~2000 in Rowaini gold and gems), some nice dresses, and more-or-less no adventuring equipment ;) Her Legendary Item is a Heartstone locket of her mother's. It casts Cure Minor Wounds on her if she ever goes unconscious in order to stabilise her with its own action, once a day.

She doesn't have ASF problems because she doesn't wear armour ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
She isn't equipped reasonably--she has tons of cash (~2000 in Rowaini gold and gems), some nice dresses, and more-or-less no adventuring equipment ;) Her Legendary Item is a Heartstone locket of her mother's. It casts Cure Minor Wounds on her if she ever goes unconscious in order to stabilise her with its own action, once a day.

She doesn't have ASF problems because she doesn't wear armour ;)
I ment she would if she went shopping :p

Which it looks like she needs to do.

She does have the cloak or whatever item it was though, right?

Bront

The man with the probe
Speaking of money, did any of us current crew members get paid? Otherwise we're likely to fall behind in equipment.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: One saves and takes 9 (awesome roll), the other fails and takes 11 (terrible roll))
I must say that's an unusual way to do spell damage in my experience. I've always thought that if you cast a spell which damages multiple creatures, like cone of cold, fireball, lightning bolt, etc., you should roll the damage dice once. This in effect says that you've managed to weave a specific amount of magical energy into that particular casting, with the only modifiers to damage dealt being on the defensive end (saving throw success or failure, abilities like evasion, resistance, immunity, etc.). Plus of course when you're blasting a large number of foes, the sheer number of dice that might need to be rolled just gets silly. :lol: Your thoughts?

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
I must say that's an unusual way to do spell damage in my experience. I've always thought that if you cast a spell which damages multiple creatures, like cone of cold, fireball, lightning bolt, etc., you should roll the damage dice once. This in effect says that you've managed to weave a specific amount of magical energy into that particular casting, with the only modifiers to damage dealt being on the defensive end (saving throw success or failure, abilities like evasion, resistance, immunity, etc.). Plus of course when you're blasting a large number of foes, the sheer number of dice that might need to be rolled just gets silly. :lol: Your thoughts?
I like rolling separately for each enemy. It helps prevent an all-or-nothing effect "Oops, that Fireball got 9 on 6d6...And half of them saved and took 4" or "Huzzah! That's 30 on 6d6!"

I've been rolling it this way for the entirity of all my PbPs and you haven't commented until now ;)

Remove ads