Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

BigB

First Post
Spot and listen checks (1d20+0=15, 1d20+1=10)
Spot 15, Listen 10.

OOC: Did Phoenix get hit? Her HP's dropped on your count but you didn't say anything about her being attacked. I need to know if it is right next to her before deciding to run away, or withdraw, or whatever is safest.

ooc: yes she did get hit. "Attacker2 -14 - Charges Phoenix as she enters the clearing and picks a mushroom, hitting for 16 pts damage."

The creature is in front of her. She can easily witdraw and make it to safety as she has better initiative.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix is back with the group and has collected one more mushroom. You are not able to detect the location of the creature.

actions?

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan pulls Phoenix close upon her return. "Damn. I thought they might have left, but no. I suspect they will never leave. Let's keep our arrows flying if we can see them. Maybe we can bring one down. Then we should probably try a bluff. I could move to the edge & attract their attention, then Lookspring could dash out & grab one more. One more is all we really need."

Rowan will focus on the clearing again, and target anything he can see with an arrow.

OOC: Spot 13 Listen 19 To hit 23 Dmg 10

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Dash out!? And then I would be torn to tiny furry bits! To the Hells I say to that plan. Perhaps they are not seeing very well. If you can be drawing them away I would be being able to sneak in and deftly snatch one."

OOC - Hide +15, MS +13. You can roll for me BigB if the others like that plan.

BigB

First Post
OOC: I understand the plan to be for Rowan to draw attention, act as diversion while Lookspring uses stealth to grab one more mushroom. The discussion + time for Lookspring to get in position to take advantage of the diversion takes one round - which will actually help because everyone rolled low on spot and listen checks. Phoenix will be ready to throw her mindblade if the creatures are detected and Rowan will be ready to attack any creatures that come after him.

New round of spot and listen checks needed.

Manzanita

First Post
"They can't leave the clearing!" Rowan shouts with frustration. His temper is fraying as their situation becomes desperate. His rage has ended by now, and he is tired. "I could just throw some branches in there & make some noise to attract their attention while you dash in to grab a mushroom & get out. I'll heal you first."

Rowan will use his wand on Lookspring, once, healing 6 points.

BigB

First Post
Next round - spot and listen checks needed again

Rowan has healed Lookspring of 6pts damage and everyone has moved to position.

Rowan (18/58 hp) - Acts as decoy and lures the creatures to chase after him as he retreats to safety. Rowan thrusts into one of the creatures with his guisarme with an earshattering screech the massive mushroom becomes visible as it topples to the ground unmoving. You can see massive rents in the trunk where the groups weapons have done their damage.

Phoenix (12/50hp) - Inspired by Rowan dropping one of the creatures Phoenix releases her mindblade burying it into the second of the creatures.

Lookspring (24/37hp)- carefully moves to the center of the clearing and picks a mushroom.

Attacker1 -60 -dead

Attacker2 -30 - rushes after Rowan to howl at the edge of the clearing.

round: 1(surprise); 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12; 13; 14; 15

mushroom collection count: 2+2+2+1+1+1+1=10

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan tries to identify the mushroom that is closest to the edge of the clearing. He then moves to the opposite side. He switches to his guisarme. He then screams and charges towards the clearing, swinging his blade back and forth. He stops at the edge, though, and turns back, moving 10 feet away from the edge. He then stands and growls and shouts, hoping the mushroom-men took the bait.

OOC: Listen 23, spot 13. Perhaps he shouldn't get his listen check since he was shouting. He can't actually 'run' b/c he's fatigued after his rage.

BigB

First Post
Rowan is able to determine the creatures position by sound while Lookspring is able to make out subtle ripples in the air that give away the creatures location as well as by sound.

The creatures charge Rowans position howling in rage, a rasping wood rendering sound that assaults your ears (but no damage).

Lookspring easily moves undetected into the center of the clearing and picks the 10th mushroom.

Remove ads