• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SMALLVILLE - New Season starts tonight 09/22/04 (MERGED)

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Morrus said:
I'm probably in the minority, but I really dislike how everybody is showing up to meet Clark as a kid. Perry was bad enough; Lois is just silly. The Flash is turning up later this season, and people want Bruce Wayne to turn up. Once Clark leaves smallville in a couple of years time, he'll have met the entire DC universe in that one little town.

I mean... what are they all doing there? These are characters Clark is supposed to meet in Metropolis and elsewhere. He's going to arrive at the Daily Planet one day to apply for a job, and he'll know everyone in the building!
I agree. Especially Perry, who knows that these crazy things happen around Clark Kent. He's gonna have to be a moron not to know who Superman is later.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I agree. Especially Perry, who knows that these crazy things happen around Clark Kent. He's gonna have to be a moron not to know who Superman is later.

Except that it was "proven" to Perry, completely and exclusively, that Clark has no special powers whatsoever, in the episode where he appeared. ;)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Morrus said:
I'm probably in the minority, but I really dislike how everybody is showing up to meet Clark as a kid. Perry was bad enough; Lois is just silly. The Flash is turning up later this season, and people want Bruce Wayne to turn up. Once Clark leaves smallville in a couple of years time, he'll have met the entire DC universe in that one little town.
While I agree with your first statement in general, there hasn't been that much flood of iconics showing up in Clark's hometown. Of the above, only the Flash (before he's Flash) sounds too farfetched. As for Lois, I've always thought of her as older since she's supposed to be an award-winning journalist before Clark got the job at The Daily Planet.

As for Bruce Wayne, there have been talk of a spin-off featuring the soon-to-be World's Greatest Detective and Dark Knight in training around the world.

OBTW, it won't be in a couple years' time. This fourth season also marks Clark's, Lana's, and Chloe's final year at Smallville High. Gawd knows what will happen after this season.

dreaded_beast

First Post
Well, if I remember correctly, since the new Batman movie is coming out, the WB or whoever is in charge decided that there would be NO Bruce Wayne appearing in Smallville anytime soon.

It is my hope that they may change that after the Batman movie comes out.

As a bit of trivia, I believe that Smallville was actually suppossed to be about a young Bruce Wayne and his training as a teenager to become Batman. Instead, we have Smallville, which I love, but still would love to see a young Bruce Wayne training to become the Bat.

John Crichton

First Post
dreaded_beast said:
Well, if I remember correctly, since the new Batman movie is coming out, the WB or whoever is in charge decided that there would be NO Bruce Wayne appearing in Smallville anytime soon.

It is my hope that they may change that after the Batman movie comes out.

As a bit of trivia, I believe that Smallville was actually suppossed to be about a young Bruce Wayne and his training as a teenager to become Batman. Instead, we have Smallville, which I love, but still would love to see a young Bruce Wayne training to become the Bat.
Smallville hasn't been associated much with Bats. It's a supes thing.

Klaus

First Post
Tarrasque W. -> What Dreaded Beast is saying is that the Smallville series originated from a proposal for a Bruce Wayne series that focused on Bruce's early years, before trotting around the globe to become the World's Greatest Detective. He'd be angry, sullen and unsure of his path in life. It'd be set in Gotham City. A two-parter episode would feature a young kid from Smallville, Kansas, who seems to pop up near trouble scenes, who disappears without a trace. Said kid was Clark Kent, and they'd never actually show him using powers (except for some feats of strength), and he'd never get along with Bruce. The two-parter would be titled "Smallville".

This proposal didn't take off, so the writer re-did it as Smallville, which got greenlit.

Remove ads