Star Trek: Section 31 ... THE MOVIE

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
How so? They're the bad guys who don't know it.
S31 was this clandestine unit nobody knew about in DS9. In Discovery suddenly everyone knows who they are and they now have a fleet of ships. Very confusing to me. Probably alternate universes and time travel shenanigans. 🤷‍♂️

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Well, I am genuinely excited since I love Michelle Yeoh, and I love Star Trek.

That said, Section 31 isn't my favorite subject in the Star Trek world for them to be exploring. And I tend to agree with @Ruin Explorer that unless this is set up to be a situation where Section 31 is shown, again, to be working against the Federation or otherwise engaged in no-goodery, I am worried that it will go off the rails.

From the long-ish point of view, the introduction of Section 31 as a sort "We need an ends-justifying-the-means in the Federation" plot device only works in order to tell the story of why that's a bad idea. At a certain point, you have to think that the muckity-mucks will be all like, "Oh, Section 31 is causing problems again because they're a bunch of amoral s***s who don't care about the ideals of the Federation? Maybe we shouldn't have them?"

payn

Well, I am genuinely excited since I love Michelle Yeoh, and I love Star Trek.

That said, Section 31 isn't my favorite subject in the Star Trek world for them to be exploring. And I tend to agree with @Ruin Explorer that unless this is set up to be a situation where Section 31 is shown, again, to be working against the Federation or otherwise engaged in no-goodery, I am worried that it will go off the rails.

From the long-ish point of view, the introduction of Section 31 as a sort "We need an ends-justifying-the-means in the Federation" plot device only works in order to tell the story of why that's a bad idea. At a certain point, you have to think that the muckity-mucks will be all like, "Oh, Section 31 is causing problems again because they're a bunch of amoral s***s who don't care about the ideals of the Federation? Maybe we shouldn't have them?"
Again, I thought the point was nobody knew they had a S31 at all???

Agree on Yeoh though she is awesome. Her sort of anti-hero character is a good fit for S31.

JAMUMU

actually dracula
I'd love to see a Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy origin story of S31.
Now you're talking! And Gary Oldman's still around! I'm not too hot on early Fed lore, but if we get Oldman attached I'm sure we could pull a cool 6 figures each just for suggesting it to Paramount+

payn

Now you're talking! And Gary Oldman's still around! I'm not too hot on early Fed lore, but if we get Oldman attached I'm sure we could pull a cool 6 figures each just for suggesting it to Paramount+
Tom Hardy and Cumberbatch also return to Trek? Im down. Oldman is the best though.

tinker-tailor-soldier-spy-tinker-tailor.gif

Remove ads