Star Wars 5th edition

ddaley

Explorer
I would like to be included in this when available. We have recently tried the FFG Star Wars system, and found it lacking. We are more accustomed to 5e mechanics, and my kids are very interested in Star Wars in general. Seems like a great match up.

Hello fellow RPGers and Star Wars fans! Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm 90% done with the starter enemies!! Putting the last touches on a few of the enemies and then it's starter kit time!!

Before I continue any further, I would like to get some feedback from the community. This is regarding the enemies that will be included in the starter kit. Obviously I'm not going to include *every* villain imaginable, however I do want to include enough of a variety of enemies so that it will be plenty to base a starter campaign on. So far, here is a list of the enemies I've designed so far:

• Stormtroopers, a Star Wars classic. They range from low-level mooks to heavy-weapon variants and even elite troopers.
  • Street thugs, because what would a scene in a cantina be without city urchins? Lol
  • Bounty Hunters and Assassins, because when you attract attention from a crime lord or authoritative figure, you tend to regret the day you were born.
  • B1 and B2 series Battle Droids. Because destroying clankers is fun!
  • And a nasty higher level Dark Jedi, to really make you rue the day you crossed paths with the dark side of the Force.

My question is this: are there any other enemies you *absolutely* want to see in the starter pack? Please don't ask for Rancors (they're higher level enemies) or legendary characters like Darth Vader or General Grievous, they will be included in the full release of the game. Basically anything that would be an appropriate challenge for levels 1-7 would be alright. Thanks for your feedback!

Capn Charlie

Explorer
I was unaware of this project until today, I eagerly look forward to getting a look at it. For those with a jonesing for sci-fi action in the 5e system right away, or just to compare and contrast, my project is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1339

I forego space wizardry altogether, but the system should robustly take to it, I think 5e jedi might be parsecs beyond what they were in 3e in terms of balance and usefulness. I already want a force adept feat that lets you use guidance three times a day.

famouswolfe

Explorer
Feeling sick...so let's post an update

Hello everyone, I seem to have caught a cold and had to stay home from work today. So naturally I decided now would be a good time to post an update lol. Seeing some of the responses I'm getting from this thread is inspiring and motivating. At the same time, I can tell that anticipation and excitement is swelling to a boiling point. So, where are we in terms of getting a starter kit released?

Soon. Sorry for the vagueness, and believe me I want to post links right now but it's just not ready. I've taken into account everyone's feedback from the question I posed in an earlier post and have incorporated more enemies/allies such as Clone Troopers and Con Artists. I even went so far as to pull a few enemies and beasts from Threats of the Galaxy. The end result is a nice robust roster of enemies (and allies!). Something interesting I've noticed is that in Star Wars, there isn't a bestiary where enemies follow the level 1-20 spectrum like in D&D. In Star Wars, the game expects a GM to throw around 4-8 lower level mooks at a party along with terrain hazards and possibly other constraints like race against the clock or space battles (which is on par with what we usually see in the movies and other media). The point I'm trying to make is that it's caused me to rethink the way I'm designing enemies and encounters.

I'm shooting for a (late?) January starter kit release, and I'm close to finished. Stay tuned everyone, May the Force be with you!

Remove ads