• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Altantis Season 3 *Discussion Thread* 9/08

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
308_header.jpg

EPISODE NUMBER - 308
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.08.06
WRITTEN BY - Martin Gero

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi.

GUEST STARRING - Kate Hewlett (Jeannie Miller), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Rodney McKay is reunited with his estranged sister back on Earth, who has given up a brilliant career as a scientist to raise a family.​

Hmmm, I feel that he is always been a bit, complicated. ;)

**Images provided by Gateworld, main cast listing (not guest) provided by Yahoo TV.**

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Good episode, Jeannie was cute. Seeing two Rodney's was funny as all hell.

Why is Rainbow Sun Francks in the Cast line? He's been off the show since Season 2.

Major series plot point, the ZPM is depleted.

I wonder though. The specifically said they were trying to do what a ZPM does in a diffrent direction on a diffrent scale. Couldnt they use her Math to just make a ZPM?

Tuzenbach

First Post
Was that actually David Hewlett's sister??? Same last name plus they looked a lot a like.

Also, David Hewlett is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. To play a "cool & relaxed" version of McKay called "Rod" and really pull it off was amazing. It was much more convincing then Amanda Tapping playing a geek in "Mobeus".

Anyway, Hewlett gets my vote for the 11th incarnation of Doctor Who!

Iku Rex

Explorer
Call me Mr Cranky Pants, but...

I did not like it. I hate alternate universes almost as much as I hate time travel. Drawing attention to how nothing that happens have any real signifacance (there are an infinite number of alternate universes, and everything that can happen, will), does not improve the story. If they have to use alternate universes, they could at least try to avoid using them as major plot devices.

And the alternate McKay seemed forced. :\

Bonzi

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
I wonder though. The specifically said they were trying to do what a ZPM does in a diffrent direction on a diffrent scale. Couldnt they use her Math to just make a ZPM?

My understanding was they were attempting to make more ZPMs. To create another ZPM, they needed an incredibly strong power source to establish the bridge to the alternate universe. Now that the ZPM is depleted, they'll need another power source to make the attempt again.

DM_Matt

First Post
Bonzi said:
My understanding was they were attempting to make more ZPMs. To create another ZPM, they needed an incredibly strong power source to establish the bridge to the alternate universe. Now that the ZPM is depleted, they'll need another power source to make the attempt again.

Right, they'll need another ZPM to build more ZPMs, but the point is that it seems that they owuld now be capable of it, so long as they don't mind the ethical dilemmas involved in the fact that doing such a thing will destroy an alternate universe. Of course, if they have a problem with that, they shouldn't use any ZPMs, and they do and they must.

I predict that they will have more ZPMs soon, since
after this next ep is the midseason two-parter, where the Asurans take over Atlantis. Presumedly the Asurans, who can manufacture ZPMs, will put them into Atlantis' power ports so that they can use the city, and then, since the series will continue, will somehow be driven out, probably leaving the ZPMs behind.

punterke

First Post
They might return to a path they stopped following in series one: find ZPM's that the ancients left behind on certain worlds. I only recall one such episode (with that monastery and the Genii turning up). I thought there were many more leads to ZPM's and they really need one now. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads