• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stonefist Academy - 3.5 D&D - OOC - Recruiting Closed

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok - So far, here is where we stand:

Jaskslate45 - Cleric heading toward Ordained Champion PrC
Sphyh - Elf Ranger focusing on ranged combat
Graybeard - Possibly Sorcerer?
Herobizkit - Unknown?
Dragonwriter - Warrrior or Sorcerer

Character concepts can be put here, until we get a full group and then I will open up the Rogues Gallery Thread. If there are any questions, please let me know.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
House Rules - I will update first post once they are gathered and any questions are resolved. First up - Identify Spell

1 - Identify
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: Standard Action
Range: Touch
Targets: One object per caster level
Duration: 3 rounds / level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

The spell grants a +10 enhancement to Spellcraft checks to determine the magical properties of items. DC 15+Caster Level if item will determine all magic properties of a single magic item, including how to activate those functions (if appropriate), and how many charges are left (if any). Identify does not function when used on an artifacts.

I don't like the cost of identifying items using the spell. Instead, I think I will go with the Pathfinder rule that identifying magical items will be a Spellcraft Check DC 15 + Items Caster Level. Taking the Identify spell will then net you a +10 Enhancement Bonus to Spellcraft to identify magical items.

2 - No Psionics
This is simply because I do not have the time to alter the information I have on this homebrew campaign with psionics. I personally don't care for Psionics.

3 - Campaign NPC's
I have built at least 20 NPC's with full creation as characters. This means that they hit as hard as you with relative levels. If you pick a fight with a NPC, then prepare for them to play their stats. Once the Rogues Gallery is up, I will have basic info on the NPC's that you encounter.

4 - Individual Boons
I am still keen on using this again, as it helps out with the whole 'i don't get magic items' problem. This will probably something each of your character earns as you join the academy and are accepted. It will grow with you. It is tailored to your character growth. Sometimes it will be a bonus to skills, or a bonus feat, or even a spell like ability. If you want it to be 'earned' the hard way, then it could be an item that takes up a magical item slot. I do have an idea of how it can be slotless, which I might use.

Any other questions?

Dragonwriter

First Post
Here's a question...

Got room for one more? ;)

I'd be most interested in either playing an arcanist (likely Sorcerer, as I don't care for Wizards and keeping track of spellbooks, and probably with the Draconic Heritage feats) or a warrior-type. If I go warrior, I think I'd like to go Swashbuckler/Fighter, then into Dervish and/or possibly Duelist.
(Before someone points out the shortcomings of the Swash and Duelist, let me say I'm well aware of both their weaknesses and their strengths. And I can make it work just fine. :))

If someone else wants these roles, though, I will defer, as I got here later.

And Sphyh, yes you did game with HM. This was your character, before he made a quiet stage-left exit.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looks like you have a fine group forming FtF, glad to see it. I will be around as I always am.

My name is familiar LOL I hope so I have been around here long enough. But as DW has said we gamed a year or so back here on EnWorld. Also check your friends list I am probably on it. :)

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
DragonWriter - Sure! Welcome aboard! If you need anything, let me know. It does look like this will be a full group after all.

Graybeard - The dice gods are not being too kind on you it would seem. Maybe I should have gone with point buy.

Sphyh

First Post
thanks for the trip down memory lane DW. Yea HM you have 10k+ posts. impressive sir.

you want us to start drawing up characters? starting gold? starting special items :) ?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm not 100% keen on making one yet, but would this game be Rogue-friendly? That is to say, lots of Urban encounters, few Undead/Constructs/Slimes, and/or pre-written modules assuming there will be a Rogue in the party?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
HeroBizKit - Yes, Rogue Friendly, and some of the side encounters will benefit from a Rogue being in the party. I like rogues. Some pre-written modules are assuming there is a rogue in the party, but not always needed.

Remove ads