• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change OOC Part 4

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hey guys, I think I'm at an impass here. While I like this game, I think Zook is rapidly becoming the odd man out here. For purely character reasons, it is looking like Zook would leave the party over philisophical differences and the actions of the other party members.

Maybe I could play a gnoll sword-point convert? ;) A straight-up gnoll is effectively 3rd level (2 racial HD and +1 LA)

Or is there another way this could be resolved? As I said, no desire to leave the game, but the convictions of the character are pulling him away from the group.

doghead

thotd
Hey! Character crisis.

I've always been a great believer in letting the character have their way. Sometimes, they can make life difficult for us poor players (and our DM's). I've been in games where characters in a party have parted ways for various reasons - to take up a cause the others have no interest in, to take time to think, or to settle down in a place they have found calls to them. But in my experience, these are often some of the best moments in a game.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I think you should let Zook do as he feels he needs to. Lets play it out and see what happens. I'm sure we can work around any metagame wrinkles (like needing a new character in a hurry) that it causes.

thotd.

Sado

First Post
Manzanita said:
oh yeah. This is what alignment conflicts are all about... :)

I agree. This is good stuff-it adds a little more believability when everyone isn't all lovey-dovey. I hope we find a way to keep Zook around.

I think Goven actually may have seemd a little out of character, but he's kind of feeding off Manzanita, who he is beginning to look up quite a bit. I was actually going to tone him back if the argument continued.

Manzanita

First Post
I had originally intended Manzanita to be an evil PC, but changed her to LN at the last minute, after discussion w/Silentspace, as I recall. I think she's well w/in her alignment at the moment & I intend to play it out that way. I actually don't really know where she's going with the interogation either. We'll see what the gnolls have to say. The group would be SOL w/o a cleric, and she knows this. We'll probably be able to work something out. I just hope it doesn't bog down over bickering. Unfortunately, there may well not be any easy way out of this empass. Perhaps Silentspace will boot us forward at some point...

Remove ads