Strahd's Goblinoid campaign "Yar Gock". CLOSED

I'm posting the current status of the tribe, I'll post it in the RG as well.

Yar-Gock Tribe's current status:
1 Leader (The Mogur)
1 Ogre
1 High Priest (Male Witch Doctor & Shaman)
4 Bugbear prison guards. *1 one party member [They are known as: The Gnome head banger, The Dwarf hunter, The Elf Slaver, The Human Slayer]
4 Hobgoblins (Hired Guards)
5 super elite guards (1 Hobgoblin fighter, 4 goblins fighters)
2 goblin witch doctors 2 (2 male) *2 party members [Also Function as healers as well]
1 goblin shaman 2 (1 crazy female)
5 goblin elite guards (Fighter) [2 miners, 2 stone masons, 1 wolf trainer]
16 Goblin males (warriors) [7 miners, 2 Weapon smiths, 5 fishermen, 2 carpenters]
27 females. *1 Party member [3 brewers, 4 chefs, 5 weavers, 2 tailors, 3 miners, 3 leather workers, 2 potters, 4 underground farmers]
38 goblin imps.
6 sick and old. [2 miner, 2 warriors, 2 crippled]

Financial status of the tribe:
Every goblin obtains some valuable personal items and the Mogur allows even money (but not too much). The goblins can trade among themselves for items they craft.
Most of the treasure goblin skirmishers and adventurers find are going to the Mogur, he then splits a low amount as trophy for them to keep.
Goblins tend to lie for prophet and cheat, and struggles about prices often occur.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Koolzors!

I was just taking a closer look at our (to be) party make up and we are:
  • A Goblin Priest
  • A Goblin Druid (wolf companion)
  • A Goblin Fighter (Wolf Rider)
  • A Bugbear Ranger
This a very tactically interesting group: 2 full divine casters, two wolves (for tripping). I really need a MW Composite Long Bow (+4) as we have no real archer support.

I am curious, Rhun, if Nerrak will be mounted on his wolf companion? I am thinking of picking up a guard wolf as well. Perhaps everyone needs a wolf in the group. :) That will work great at lower levels.

No rogue or arcane caster, but 2 full divine casters, and 3/4 of the group is small and so is their base weapon damage. Our AC and HP are all pretty equal (except for my HP of 11 vs the about 18 party avg). As we level my HP will quickly catch up.

Hopefully Micar Sin will be able to pop back in sometime.

If we get surprise or a round or two of preparation for ambush some one is not going to be happy.

Just some random blathering...

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
My Bugbear Standing...

I am kind of assuming that the other bugbears are the 3 racial HD (+ a potential class level or two) vs me (at class level and no racial HD).

Rhun

First Post
FreeXenon said:
I was just taking a closer look at our (to be) party make up and we are:
  • A Goblin Priest
  • A Goblin Druid (wolf companion)
  • A Goblin Fighter (Wolf Rider)
  • A Bugbear Ranger

This a very tactically interesting group: 2 full divine casters, two wolves (for tripping).

Agreed. The wolves will come in handy, and with two divine casters we should be well-covered for healing.

FreeXenon said:
I am curious, Rhun, if Nerrak will be mounted on his wolf companion? I am thinking of picking up a guard wolf as well. Perhaps everyone needs a wolf in the group. :) That will work great at lower levels.

Nerrak will often ride his wolf when we are out in the wilderness. However, he has no mounted combat feats, so in most combats he will probably dismount.

The problem with everyone having guard wolves is I believe Strahd said somewhere that you would need ranks in handle animal to keep them from possibly turning on you. :D

Rhun said:
The problem with everyone having guard wolves is I believe Strahd said somewhere that you would need ranks in handle animal to keep them from possibly turning on you. :D

That is right. those without handle animal will not get a wolf ... for now.

doghead

thotd
ooc - YG

Apologies for the lack of posts. Its been a bit mental here for the last few days. It will be for the rest of the week. So I'm pretty much going to have to write myself off until then.

If its a problem, I understand and will withdraw Ur'nagi. Again, apologies.

doghead
aka thotd

Remove ads