• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestions? - Trying to Make a RpG System

DJ_draken07

First Post
Heres a Sample of what I wanna try to do with a RpG

Trying to Mix "advanced DnD". "DnD 3.5" , "D20 Modern" , and "Rifts"

World: (Looks like Final Fantasy 6 mix with lost Odyssey) Steampunk Fantasy world that has Technology from World War 2 or perhaps Higher Tech i dont really know yet. (Technology is powered by Magic and Magical Devices)

l_76bfea45cf3246c4bdc7a7fa3487a4de.jpg

Races: I want to give the players LOTS of choices, But I also wanna figure out how to make it even.

Classes: Lots of classes , but Only 1 to a character. After a while They can Train into a new class.

Skills: Want to do "rifts" % system, I was thinking you get certain skills to your Race and Class, and you get Bonus Skills of your choice as well.

Feats: Should I have them , Or make them skills?

Magic: Spells Per Day or Magic Cost System?

Combat: Like "rifts" but Want DnD feel to it , Even a Battlegrid.

Thats my ideas so far, If you guys have any ideas to make it better or to help me out. I will love it

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Anton85

First Post
I like the world of RIFTs, but a lot of people dislike the mechanics. When you are making mechanical decisions, always ask yourself will this make playing the game better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads