• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sultans of Smack

jabberwocky

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
Arcane Trickster has as a requirement "Ability to cast mage hand and at least one arcane spell of 3rd level or higher." Wizard 3 cannot cast 3rd level arcane spells, and so cannot become an Arcane Trickster. You need Wizard 5.
-z

Thanks for pointing that out - I can't believe I missed that. Must have been caffeine deprived (or just stupid). Anyways, the character is all fixed up now.

Xavim

First Post
Arrowed

Been loving this Thread so I thought I'd respond with one of my own.
My personal favorite Smackdown.
Requirements: PHB
any spellcaster with Telekinesis.
1 Wagon of 10' cubed dimensions. (Pretty average for a wagon really)

Now, all you need to do is fill the wagon with arrows.
The telekinesis spell description states that a caster can throw multiple objects weighing up to 25lbs/caster level. At the minimum caster level this allows a wizard to violently thrust 1500 arrows at their opponents. (3lbs for 20 arrows according to the PHB)

Now since they deal weapon damage let's use shortbow damage of 1d6 that amounts to an earth shattering 1500-9000 damage in a single round. And due to a natural roll of 20 automatically hitting, that results in 75-450 damage regardless of AC.

and all of this done by a lvl 9 character.
The only way around this is damage reduction, but it still remains the best anti giant/army tool I've seen yet.

<edit> To bypass damage reduction simply light them all on fire first and deal 1500 fire damage instead :D

You could always invest a lot of time and money into making 112 daggers +5 for an attack that deals 672- 1008 damage against pretty well anything.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
[hardcore] Oh.... GOD. :rolleyes:

Xavim - As soon as I saw your handle as the last post in this thread, and after seeing your absurd Telekenisis post, I put the 2 together, but I thought you'd have read that thread's replies which explain exactly why your "creative original trick" doesn't work (never worked) before posting here.

I think we should have a pre-requisite for posting in the Sultans of Smack thread, Jeremy, to prevent posts like this from cluttering up the archive. [/hardcore]

edit: ahh.. I see that you posted this before you posted your other thread: http://enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65272
So it's not QUITE as bad as it looks.
Still, Xavim - make sure you at least read the description of the spell before you post to THE Smackdown thread.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Reaper - Nah, no prereq for posting here, though there's no guarantee besides creative entertaining originality that a submission will stay in the archive. ;)

Besides, the Telekinesis Smack has been posted in all 3 incarnations of this thread, I just haven't included it anytime a new thread had to be opened. It's been posted too many times. ;) Apparently one that has come up enough times and caused enough grief that is was specifically limited in the 3.5 revision. :)

No worries, Xavim. :)

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
CyberSpyder said:
Well, here's the first 3.5 smack, one I'm actually planning to use.

Unfortunately, it's a Diplomatic Smackdown, and so doesn't strictly fit the rules of the thread. Here it is, in any event:

*snip*

Best combined with the 'tongues' spell or just a bunch of languages - if your enemy can understand a language, you can turn them into your friend.

Add in one level of the Mindbender PrC (if allowed in 3.5) and a ring of invisibility. The enemy doesn't know that you're physically present, and you can talk to any creature within 100ft. that has a language.

thegreatbuddha

First Post
this is only a test

Ignore this. it's just a test post to make sure I can post to this thread. i wrote up a 1900 point Singh smack last night and it failed to post three times.

thegreatbuddha

First Post
I seem to have lost the smack as of right now, but the short version is a Singh rager with maxed out strength and charisma who gets to add his strength mod to attacks 3 times and his charisma mod twice, charging from horseback (with Spirited Charge) and Rhino hide Armor while using the TWF style.

Total damage was 1908 IIRC.

I'll try and reconstruct it and post tomorrow.

reapersaurus

Explorer
That's very similar to my Singh-Charging build, except from horseback.

IIRC, that build you described wouldn't work - you cannot do a full attack from horseback, unless you have some other PrC in there to allow you to. (I'll leave it as an exercise to find which ones...) ;)

I have 3 builds of the Singh-Shield-Charger, depending on what sources are allowed, that range from 9th to 16th level, doing between 200 and 7731 damage in one round.

Remove ads