• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashockney

First Post
Minotaur Werewolf Halfiend Smackdown

I absolutely LOVE the Teamwork smackdown! Hilarious!

Along those lines, creatures must be developed to contend with these powerhouses in campaigns. So here's a contribution from my last high level campaign:

Minotaur Werewolf Halffiend Fighter 4/Unholy Liberator 6 (exactly like Holy Liberator from DoF, but must be C/E) - CR 20

Str 44, Dex 12, Con 31, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 22

HP: 250
AC: 35 (-1 size, +8 nat, +1 dodge, +13Armor, +4 Haste)
Attacks: 41/36/31/26
Damage: 2d8+30+2d6 (Unholy Keen Huge Greataxe +5)
Reach: 10'
SA: Charge, Smite Good
Saves: 37/26/38
SD: Scent, Natural Cunning, all half fiend resists
Skills: Listen/Search/Spot +20
Magic Items: CoP +3, Ring of Free Movement, Ring of Spell Turning, Unholy Keen Huge Greataxe +5, Belt of Mighty Prowess, Boots of Speed, Mithral Plate +5 of Moderate Fortification
Typical Spells Cast: Holy Sword, Death Ward, Divine Sacrifice
Relevant Feats: Weapon Spec, Imp Crit, Divine Might, all the save bonuses, Blindfighting, Power Attack, and Cleave

Using 10 points of Power Attack (w/o Smite Good or Holy Sword factored in) base damage is:
AC 35: 209/round
AC 30: 261/round
AC 25: 293/round

(and yes, my players did fight this guy...)

novyet

First Post
SpikeyFreak said:
Hope this hasn't already been posted, but I'm not going to read this whole thread.

I know this one isn't exaclty on the bleeding edge edge of damage maximums, but here's one that REALLY simple and can dish out a lot of damage. Plus it's all WotC, and only Power Crit and Frenzied Berserker are non-core.

Half-Orc Barbarian 10\Frenzied Berserker 10

Stats:
Str 50 (20 + 6 enhancement + 5 inherent + 4 level ups + 10 frenzy + 4 rage)
--Ragin' Spikey
Doesn't that add up to 49? And just think you can boost it by +2 strength by switching out half orc for orc.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
novyet said:
Doesn't that add up to 49? And just think you can boost it by +2 strength by switching out half orc for orc.

I think he meant +5 level-ups.

As for orc, wasn't their some discussion about the possiblity of it being raised to ECL +1 in Tooth and Claw?

Shifter Smack!

Here's a fun new smack, courtesy of the extremely broken Shifter PrC from Masters of the Wild:

Wizard 7 / Shifter 3
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Stats: Intelligence of at least 14
Feats:
Level 1: Alertness, Endurance
Level 3: Improved Familiar
Spells: Polymorph Other

Familiar: Shocker Lizard

Use greater wild shape to turn yourself into a shambling mound.
Have familiar use stunning shock on you once a round, until your constitution is in the millions. (It could concieveably happen in 18 days) Enjoy your semi immortality :) (At level 10, no less!! Level 9 is possible, using a race from OA)

Now, of course, you'd still get screwed by harm + quickened magic missile, but who wouldn't?

If anyone knows of a way to turn con bonus into damage, let me know :)

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: Shifter Smack!

Knowledge Sinkhole said:
If anyone knows of a way to turn con bonus into damage, let me know :)

Well, the save against a dragon's breath weapon is based on Con, but I don't think that helps much...

Archer

First Post
Shambling Mound: Temporary is a non-stackable type of bonus. See temporary hit points.

The most uber class:

Windrider: Don't tell me you wouldn't want a horse with 275 hp, 80' move, AC 25 before armor and other enhancement, +26 to hit and +10 dam at just 11th level. Throw in 2 feats for the horse as well. One more level and your mount gets another +3 to hit, +1 dam, +2 AC and 25 hp. (300 hp, AC 27, +29 to hit, +11 dam) That's worth easily as much as a front line fighter. Oh yeah, you can heal your mount to max hp 2x per day if you have 16 wis.

At level 13 you can have a dire elephant which is slow but has reach and does 4d6 + 25 to anyone in its path (20' wide, charge 60' before enhancement 48 squares total effect! Kiss a small army of 4th level fighters goodbye.) unless they make a reflex save vs DC 35 (impossible for all but 20th level rogues) and then gets another attack (377 hp, AC 18, +36 to hit, +17 dam) 30,000 lbs is a light load, 450,000 lbs drag capacity (225 tons). I think you could pull a small city in a big enough wagon or a modern battleship or whatever you can think of. Alternatively you could have the horse but with 525 hp and +42 to hit with everything else staying the same. I think I'd give the horse power attack as one of its two feats, wouldn't you?

Ok, as another example of uberness, here's your elephant when you are 15th level: 825 hp, AC 25, +50 to hit, +21 dam, 4d8+31 trample, DC 56 to avoid, power attack, imp crit, power crit. Against an AC 30 target the elephant can power crit for 8d8+106 damage 95% of the time. You can completely heal your elephant 3x per day (3300 hp equivalent, more or less.) Most characters in the smackdown thread would be obliterated by a mere 15th level windrider. 90 tons light load, 1330 tons drag. You could tow a white dwarf star.

The final example is at 17th level when you have a young adult gold dragon as your mount. 345 hp, 8 feats, 37 AC, +37 to hit, 10d10 breath weapon, fear DC 29, SR 21, 7 attacks per round at at +12 damage base. The uber elephant wouldn't stand a chance against the dragon.

Against the maximum 92 targets for trample at 15th level you can do a total of 368d8+2852 or an average of 4508 damage. This is with no magic items at all. You could protect yourself with an adamatite hagadah and ride around with 9/10th cover and direct the elephant.

novyet

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

I think he meant +5 level-ups.

As for orc, wasn't their some discussion about the possiblity of it being raised to ECL +1 in Tooth and Claw?
+1 eh? I must have missed that discussion, well that just means I'll need to pay more attention. :)

-Eä-

First Post
Magic Missile-thingy

Greetings folks!

I'm sorry that I haven't e-mailed you the serie of which I was speaking, CRGreathouse, but my old notes are a bit disorganised. I'll post them as soon as I find them.

Well, here's a smack for Magic Missiles. I hope it hasn't been posted before.

Magic Missile Smackdown
Human

Total feats: 8+4 metamagic

Metamagic: 1. Empower Spell, 2. Quicken Spell, 3. Lace Spell: Enemy Bane (+20% damage against type), 4. Lace Spell: Elemental Energies (+1d6 elemental)

Other: 1. Spellcasting Prodigy, 2. Spell Penetration, 3. Iron Will, 4. Greater Spell Penetration, 5. Improved Initiative, 6. Skill Focus: Concentration, 7. Any, 8. Any

Items: Amulet of Permanent 7xEmpowered Fox’s Cunning. Assuming average increase: +15 int. Price 306000, Manual of Intelligence +3: 87500 (Approx), Ring of Concentration +40: 32000

Starting Intelligence:
16 (Start) +15 (Item) +3 (Tome) +4 (Raised) +2 (SC Prodigy) = 40, which leads to +2 9th level spells.

Wizard 8/Incantatrix 10

Skill maxed out: Concentration (21 ranks +x (Con) +2 (Skill focus) +40 (Item) = 63+x)

Recommendations: High Constitution

Round 1:

1. Quickened Haste (6th level Spell)
2. 8x Empowered Laced Magic Missile for (3,5*5*5*1,2+3,5) damage = 108 damage
3. 8x Empowered Laced Magic Missile for (3,5*5*5*1,2+3,5) damage = 108 damage
Total Damage: 216

Round 2:

1. Quickened 4x Empowered Laced Magic Missile for 3.5*5*3*1.2 + 3.5 damage = 66 damage
2. 8x Empowered Laced Magic Missile for (3,5*5*5*1,2+3,5) damage = 108 damage
3. 8x Empowered Laced Magic Missile for (3,5*5*5*1,2+3,5) damage = 108 damage
Total Damage: 282 Damage

If you're able to use a Sun Elf with an starting Intelligence of 20, you can use this for round 2:
1. Quickened 4x Empowered Laced Magic Missile for 3.5*5*3.5*1.2 + 3.5 damage = 77 damage

It's doable at level 18, and the opponent gets no save.

Archer

First Post
I'd have to take out my books but there is some highly questionable rulebending going on in that example.

+15 enhancement bonus amulet = artifact

+40 concentration ring = questionable

I don't think the laces are being applied properly.

This could be titled: Why every character should have shield or an amulet of shielding

-Eä-

First Post
Laces are being applied properly. (Although you have to choose an enemy type (outsiders for instance))

Ring of concentration is not necessary, but useful if you are hit by arrows.

The effect from the +15 item can just as easily be done by casting the spell before you go to bed, but the item is created by using the rules for creating items that are active when worn:
7xempowered Fox's Cunning into an item: 9*17*2000=306 000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads