• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Suspended) OOC The Thirteenth Moon, a Story-Driven Campaign (D&D 3.5 Eberron)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Only thought I have is just that Alise is trying to move up in the social world

So she is probably there to meet native Sharnians and interact with the city.

As for a connection to other players, I've got nothing right now, I'll keep thinking.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ah, now here is an idea. Alise has not been living in Dragoneyea long, but she has already encountered Brad in one of his alter egos while there. The district is a hot bed of changeling and doppelgänger activity and Brad might have noticed her using her charm power and taken note of her abilities. Perhaps she was using it for the cause of good, such as to dissuade guards from picking on a young child who stole some bread. He might see her as a useful potential ally.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
That sounds great, So she might not even recognize him in whatever form he's in during the party. But he'll see her.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
It may be encumbant upon Brad to approach Alise to get her into the group with this in mind. So when the party goes down and the blood moon comes up an strange thigs start happening, that will be his cue to initiate contact with her.

What is going to happen when I get the IC up and running is that I will provide a description of the evening at the tavern as the blood moon appears, I will give everyone a chance to introduce themselves in character, and then things go pear-shaped and you will be given a hook. Still gonna do one more mentor but we are almost ready to go.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is the fifth and final of the NPC mentors, Lieutenant Zaira Dane, a female human who leads the local branch of the King's Wands, an arm of the Citadel that serves to support the Dark Lanterns, usually with magic. Lt. Dane is the mentor to Vigil, played by [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION]. Although Lt. Dane is neither a cleric, nor a follower of the Silver Flame, she shares much in common with Vigil. Lt. Dane may have earned her position in the King's Wands for her expertise in arcane magic, but she began her career as a paladin of Dol Arrah (whose followers often feel a sense of camaraderie with those the Silver Flame), and has the same passion for justice as Vigil. It was only natural that when she observed Vigil mediate a dispute between parishioners that broke out near a shrine to the Silver Flame in Clifftop the wisdom and intelligence of the warforged would catch her eye. Although the King's Wands generally does not accept characters who are lower than 4th level, Lt. Dane has picked out Vigil as an up-and-comer to keep an eye on for future recruitment. She now meets regularly with Vigil at her office in Ambassador Towers in Middle Central to help guide him along his path and occasionally has important business for the crown to discuss.

Unlike the Sharn Watch, the Citadel does not ask for help; it demands it. The knights of the Citadel are the representatives of the King of Breland, and any Brelish citizen who refuses to help the Citadel is committing an act of treason. The Citadel is not required to provide any sort of compensation for the services it demands, but an adventurer who wins the respect of the Citadel and becomes a valued ally can certainly benefit from the relationship. So it is with Lt. Dane and Vigil.

As a mentor, Lt. Dane will be able to help Vigil train when he is ready to level up or re-train when he decides she would like to learn new abilities. Lt. Dane is also willing to advise Vigil on personal matters and from time to time offer magical assistance from the King's Wands, particularly if the matter is one which involves the security of the kingdom of Breland itself. Lt. Dane is also keenly aware of the politics going on in and around Sharn as well as throughout the kingdom and abroad, and her counsel is often sage and well-informed.

Vigil currently works as a scribe, penning artistic holy works and occasionally book-keeping for the Cathedral of the Cleansing Flame in the Sovereign Towers district of Middle Central (for which he can roll Craft (calligraphy) on a daily or weekly basis). However, he seethes at what goes on there as many of the clergy simply covet privilege, power, and material wealth, often to the detriment of the average Purified (as the followers of the Silver Flame often call themselves). To Vigil, many of the clergy there do not embody the justice for which he believes the Silver Flame stands. This is one of the main reasons Vigil has found himself a mentor outside of the church as it exists in Sharn. It is not so much that there are no Silver Flame priests who believe strongly in upholding the law and cleansing evil, but the culture of the church in the city seems a bit poisoned compared to the ideology that Vigil was first attracted to.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Is the recruiting still open? I post often! I feel i am a descriptive poster, imho.

I sent you a pm asking the same question.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Is the recruiting still open? I post often! I feel i am a descriptive poster, imho.

I sent you a pm asking the same question.
Recruiting is officially closed. However, if you would like to come up with a character concept I am willing to help you develop it and eventually get you set up with a mentor in case we have a vacancy.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Nadia Stratanoffski, the Witch

Very well, then. Would you prefer i just post it in the RG, or do my work in this thread?

Sources:
Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Eberron Campaign Setting, Sharn: City of Towers

Flavor:
Has fey blood rather then dragon blood for source of power-no change to class, just a cover story.
born in sharn, lived there all her life

future plans:
create magical carvings of ivory and whale bone of monsters to cast summon monster spells from.
possible effects: augment summoning or increased level of caster or just cast X times per day ????

NG female human sorceress 1

Nadia Stratanoffski, the Witch

Code:
Name:    Nadia Stratanoffski, the Witch
Class:   sorceress 1
Race:    Human
Size:    Medium
Algn:    Neutral Good
Deity:   The seely court-The summer sideh-plane: Dal Quor the dreamlands
[U][B]Abil  adj  [/B][/U]
Str 8  -1 Level: 1       XP:
Dex 12 +1 BAB: +0        HP: 3/3
Con 9  -1 Grapple: -1    Dmg Red: -
Int 10 +0 Speed: 30'
Wis 10 +0 Init:  +1 (dex: +1)
Cha 18 +4 caster level check (d 20 ) +5

[B][U]Senses:[/U][/B]
initiative +1; Search +0; Spot +0

[B][U]Defense[/U][/B]
A/C 11 (15 with mage armor spell) [dex +1]
touch 11 (15 with mage armor spell)
flat foot 10

Base  Mod   Misc Total
Fort:         +0    -1    +0    -1
Ref:          +0    +1    +0    +1
Will:         +2    +4    +0    +6

[B][U]Offense[/U][/B]

BAB +0
Dagger, melee att-1; dam 1d4-1; crit 19-20/X2; rng  10 feet; type s/p
Dagger thrown att+1; dam 1d4-1; crit 19-20/X2; rng  10 feet; type s/p

[B][U]Feats[/U][/B]
[B][I]Skill focus- craft [carving/scrimshaw]  [General][/I]  [Human] srd[/B]
+3 to one skill
[B][FONT=arial black][B][I]Education (Morgrave University) [general][/I][/B][/FONT] Char lv 1 [/B][B][FONT=arial black][B][I]Ebberon campaign setting  pg 52[/I][/B][/FONT][/B]
All  Knowledge skills are class  skills for  you. You get a +1 bonus on all checks 
with any two Knowledge skills of your choice [arcane and local].

[COLOR=#f0fff0]future:[FONT=arial black][B][I]

Legendary  Artesan [/I][/B][/FONT][FONT=arial black][B][I][FONT=arial black][B][I][general] campaign setting pdf pg 56
[/I][/B][/FONT] Spell focus [general] srd
Augment Summoning [General] Char lv 1 srd
Force of personality - comp advent. pg 109
 add cha mod to will save instead of wisdom
Sudden silent [meta-magic] comp arcane pg 83
 Cast spells without verbal components without special preparation 1/day
Energy Substitution [meta] comp arcane
Energy Admixture [meta] comp arcane[/I][/B][/FONT]
[/COLOR]

[B][U]Skills[/U][/B]
skill points: 8
Skill          Ranks  abil  misc  total notes
Bluff (Cha)      1    +4     --   +5
Concentrat (Con) 0    -1     --   -1
Craft (Int)      2    +0     +3   +5 carving {scrimshaw} SKILL FOCUS
Knowledge
-(arcane) (Int)  2    +0     +1   +3
-(local) (Int)   2   +0     +1   +3
Spellcraft (Int) 1    +0     --   +1

[B][U]Spells[/U][/B]
Known
level  0  1  2  3
#      4  2

cast per day
Level  0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
base   5  3
[U]bonus  -- 1[/U]
total  5  4  

save dc: 14 + spell level

[B][U]0 level spells[/U][/B] 00000
detect magic
prestidigitation
acid splash
resistance

[B][U]1st level spells[/U][/B] 0000
magic missile
mage armor

[B][U]equipment[/U][/B]
rent: poor flat  4 gp/ month
Backpack
spell component pouch
belt pouch
bedroll
flint/steel
hemp rope, 50 feet
sunrods x 2
trail rations x 10
waterskin

Children can be cruel, especially if the target of their cruelty is weak. Nadia is weak and has had that target on her all her life. Her parents prayed to the gods that she be gifted, while they taught her to be good-tried their best. The even used every bit of coin and influence to get her in an academy. She prove either stubborn or just not that intelligent. Probably both. Now it is time to let this bird out of the nest and see if what she has been taught has stuck. Gods know what that gift might be.

What she did not tell them was that she had done things. To other kids, during her teen years. They, the other kids in the academy, thought her haunted, a witch, cursed. The last one she wasn't so sure it was wrong. One time, in frustration and fury she flung some sort of arcane power at a kid for being a bully- turned his skin green and his hair orange. Only lasted for about an hour, but the other kid will remember that for life.

While this family lives in the Karrth district of Sharn, Nadia's father left his home land, Karrnath, in anger and disgust over the practice of necromancy when two of his brothers were raised as zombies, after being killed in battle in the last war, to work in the royal farms.

Her temper always got her in trouble, it did run in the family. She had abilities that caused people around her to fear her, She controlled the fey some said. She did not control the fey actually, it was the capricious nature of the sideh and what THEY did!

to keep her mind on things of this world she learned to carve on bone and whale tooth. It was a family art called scrimshaw. It helped, usually-until a fey one animates the carving making it go running around the room.

[sblock=Ebberon spells]
1st Level

Magecraft*: +5 competence bonus on one Craft check.
Repair Light Damage*: “Cures” 1d8+1/level damage (maximum +5) to a construct.

2nd Level

Repair Moderate Damage*: “Cures” 2d8 + 1/level damage (max imum+10) to a construct.

3rd Level

Repair Serious Damage*: “Cures” 3d8+1/leveldamage (maximum +15) to a construct

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads