D&D 5E Tales from the Yawning Portal: A better title would be "Nezram's tales of adventure".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you actually know anything about the Yawning Portal or are you too busy drinking the Wiz juice?

For someone who reports pretty much every post where anybody disagrees with you, this is somewhat ironic. You're getting insulting again. Do that again, and you'll be asked to leave your own thread.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
That would be like going to a football match just to discuss rugby.
No, it would be like a bunch of football players hanging out in a bar talking about things that happened when they were playing football in other places that they've played before.

You can't make an analog that exploring a dungeon is to football as exploring a dungeon is to rugby, rugby has to be an analog to something that isn't already an analog to football.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Just saying it doesn't make it true. The Yawning Portal has nothing to do with multiworlds, nor has it ever, so why does it suddenly make sense after 30+ years?

Do you actually know anything about the Yawning Portal or are you too busy drinking the Wiz juice?

I know it's a tavern on top of a magical spaceport, among other mystically magically thongs. They could do pretty much whatever and make it work, I reckon.

Waterbizkit

Explorer

Drinking the "wiz juice"? Listen here buddy, what a person does in the privacy of their own home is no business of yours. I'll drink all the wiz I want!

Anyway... I disagree. I've rated the thread terrible. I've done all I can do. Carry on fella.

Corpsetaker

First Post
I know it's a tavern on top of a magical spaceport, among other mystically magically thongs. They could do pretty much whatever and make it work, I reckon.

Then why aren't they sitting in "The Burning Troll Inn" or "The Drowned Buoy Inn" in Skullport where it would make a lot more sense?

Corpsetaker

First Post
I've never heard of Nezram. I had to Google it.

laughing8.jpg

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Then why aren't they sitting in "The Burning Troll Inn" or "The Drowned Buoy Inn" in Skullport where it would make a lot more sense?
Because The Yawning Portal sees more foot-traffic than those inns as a result of there being more people (both locals and visitors) in Waterdeep than in Skullport.

Remove ads