Black Flag Tales of the Valiant - Goblin Lineage

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
now some crafting books on KS
This is the first I've heard of this. Two separate crafting books (one apparently 100% about weapons and armor, and the other about alchemy, poison and potions) seems pretty ambitious, unless they're going to stuff each of these with lots of charts, like in Uncharted Journeys. I'm surprised this isn't a single crafting book.

Remathilis

Legend
I don't know, ToV is clearly compatible with 5e. Level up is definitely a different rule set, though, but it can be used with 5e monsters and adventures, but there is a lot going on for PCs that make it different. How many 5e clones are there, really?
For now.

How compatible is Pathfinder now? When it came out, it's selling point was compatibility with your 3.x books in a time when WotC was making an utterly incompatible 4e. Now, PF2R has as much D&D DNA in it as a banana has human DNA (more than you think, but not enough to call them family).

For now, Level Up, D&D, and TotV can all intermingle with modest amounts of confusion. I don't know if in five years or more than remains true.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
This is the first I've heard of this. Two separate crafting books (one apparently 100% about weapons and armor, and the other about alchemy, poison and potions) seems pretty ambitious, unless they're going to stuff each of these with lots of charts, like in Uncharted Journeys. I'm surprised this isn't a single crafting book.
The preview pdf of A Life Well Lived is around 128 pages long (a little over).

The crafting books also apparently will have details on collecting components from monsters. I do wonder how long they'll be.

Cheers,
Merric

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The preview pdf of A Life Well Lived is around 128 pages long (a little over).

The crafting books also apparently will have details on collecting components from monsters. I do wonder how long they'll be.
Their FAQ says 128 pages each. After Uncharted Journeys, I have no doubt they have the ability to easily fill that. It was just surprising to me that they split them in two. The brewing book definitely seems to have a lot of stuff planned for it, like growing gardens from which to harvest components from, etc.

mamba

Legend
This is the first I've heard of this.
there is a short announcement thread about it on this site, no additional info though, would have liked to see / know more

Two separate crafting books (one apparently 100% about weapons and armor, and the other about alchemy, poison and potions) seems pretty ambitious, unless they're going to stuff each of these with lots of charts, like in Uncharted Journeys. I'm surprised this isn't a single crafting book.
lots of recipes I assume, also not sure how long the books are, I do not expect each one to be as long as Uncharted Jouneys, but together maybe

Last edited:

Will Goblins be a lineage in the Tales of the Valiant Players Guide.

I'm having a hard time fugiring out a full list of lineages for this PG beyond Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Beastfolk, although I assume all the 2014 SRD races will be in it along with some others?

Remove ads