Black Flag Tales of the Valiant Playtest Packet 4 from Kobold Press

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Holy crap, Kobold Press is running rings around WotC in their handling of short races.

These kobolds are great and I like Kobold Press merging gnomes and halflings into a single smallfolk ancestry and breaking them out into halfling and gnome groups. The cottager lineage is a great example over the cultural overlap between the two traditional races.
One of the things I really like about these is the clear sign that the Tales of the Valiant smallfolk fit into my homeworld better than '24 WotC D&D.

It's coming apparent that my table in late '24 is going to include lots of options from separate interoperable rule sets.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
One of the things I really like about these is the clear sign that the Tales of the Valiant smallfolk fit into my homeworld better than '24 WotC D&D.

It's coming apparent that my table in late '24 is going to include lots of options from separate interoperable rule sets.
That's what I do. I use Level Up as a base, but include WotC, Mage Hand Press, AiME, and other 3pps, as well as homebrew to fill in the gaps.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Yeah, my preference is that one of these forks would be the clear winner, for ease of use, but it looks like I'm in the same boat.

This short people's packet is so strong, I'm definitely going to want to use it alongside Cubicle 7's journey rules, for instance.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Hey, @Marc Radle, is this article a preview of how giants will be upgraded in Monster Vault? Because it's got some good ideas.

I hope so. This is the kind of change I can get behind.

Also, come on, if a f'n GIANT hits me with a weapon, at a minimum I should have to save against being moved/prone.

Remove ads