Black Flag Tales of the Valiant Playtest Packet 4 from Kobold Press

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I can't see anyone taking Salvager Heritage compared to the other three.

I agree with the above, we don't need more darkvision. They have great hearing and eyesight, how about +2 or advantage or something on perception checks? Gnomes are/were tricksters......maybe they are good at persuasion or hard to deceive?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The alpha is sparse on monsters, but gives us enough to test stuff. I'm a fan of the cleaned up monster blocks, but I think we could do even more.

The ghoul disease? Show it like a 4e disease, that's what I'm doing in the PDF I'm going to sell soon.....

There are the 4 basic classes. All subclasses start at level 3. There are things I like, and things I need to think about more than a skim. Also, I'm no rules expert, so I can't even come close to comparing classes right now.....

characters get an ASI boost and a talent (feat) every 4 levels.....so they are more powerful, but then, the monsters are also, I think.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
They've talked about having weapons not being significant when cantrips are unlimited
Then give them some useful melee attack cantrips, other than just shocking grasp........I'm ok with that, but there have to be options. to be clear, i don't love it. The idea that a character that has been in battle over and over has no idea how to use a weapon seems silly to me. I'd be OK with it, if there were any options at all.....but there aren't.

Remove ads