The Best Warlock Pact

Which warlock pact is your favourite and why?

• The Infernal Pact

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • The Fey Pact

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • The Star Pact

Votes: 33 61.1%

Asmor

First Post
Dragonhelm said:
Do we know what the various pacts do? Are these the only ones, or are there others?

They are. Going from the suggested builds for Warlock (deceiver or scourge), it seems like infernal focuses on damage, fey focuses on trickiness (which is not to discount its damage dealing capability-- warlocks are strikers regarldess) and star pact does a bit of both, with a healthy dose of fear.

I think that's kind of missing the point, though. This isn't a question of mechanics, this is a question of cool (That's right, I said it!), and the star pact is clearly the coolest.

arscott

First Post
I don't think I can answer that question w/out having seen the Fey Pact paragon path. The other two are so awesome, I can't even imagine what the fey pact path will be like.

Asmor

First Post
arscott said:
I don't think I can answer that question w/out having seen the Fey Pact paragon path. The other two are so awesome, I can't even imagine what the fey pact path will be like.

Probably something about kidnapping babies and hugging trees.

Damn baby-kidnapping, tree-hugging-hippy fey.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
arscott said:
Attack bonus for your whole round when you spend an Action Point.

Free damage to adjacent enemies whenever you teleport.

k3wlness: extra bonuses optionally place of Fey Step.

Encounter: one enemy attacks who you choose.

Utility: teleport someone else when you could Fey Step.

Daily: close burst vs. Will; enemies attacking each other in burst.

Cheers, -- N

Family

First Post
Which pact should she go with?

My wife has her heart set on a Charima based Tiefling build and I'd appreciate any tips for maximum fun/splat/combos etc.

-Thanks.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Family said:
My wife has her heart set on a Charima based Tiefling build and I'd appreciate any tips for maximum fun/splat/combos etc.

-Thanks.
I'd say she should go Fey Pact, and choose Fey-Pact Powers, they are the most centred around Charisma, with Star Pact coming in second. Obviously take the Feytouched Paragon Path.

She should take Charisma and Intelligence as her main skills, then Constitution.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've heard that infernal pact focusses on Con, Fey pact focusses on Cha and Star pact uses both Con and Cha.

Does that mean that Star pact suffers a little from wanting to keep two ability scores high rather than just one?

Cheers

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I don't think it is that hindering, since Constitution and Charisma should be high anyways. Also, if one of the two was low... Then simply choose the Star Pact Powers that work best and then just choose Powers from the other Pact that fits the dominant Ability Score.

Remove ads