D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Yea I am still not 100% sure I agree with the that ruling through. It did not matter here and I am still thinking about it. I may or may not allow it going forward. And again I don't disagree with the command extra attack at all, its the wording and the ability. Partly because I don't know if I agree that you should be able to get multiple uses of Sneak Attack. But that's just me ;)

TallIan

Explorer
I haven't seen the combo in practice all that much to be honest. Do you really think it's OP? It strikes me as a high action cost for a possible +1 or +2 damage by commanding a PC with a bigger damage die than the fighter.

Without a rogue sneak attack damage bonus or a pally smite commander's strike seems either very "meh" or highly situational to me - fighter needs to be handicapped in some way or the recipient needs to have a big advantage. Otherwise you are trading an attack and damage roll for an attack and damage roll at the cost of a bonus action and reaction.

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm... maybe I am just overthinking it because in my face to face game we never allowed it for our high level thief who was already doing more damage then the Power Attacking fighter in our game (who himself was dealing on average 30 HP of damage a round) :D

TallIan

Explorer
Hmm... maybe I am just overthinking it because in my face to face game we never allowed it for our high level thief who was already doing more damage then the Power Attacking fighter in our game (who himself was dealing on average 30 HP of damage a round) :D

Since it costs an attack from the fighter, you are only gaining the sneak attack damage as a bonus, but, like I said, I've not seen it in practice much so if it turns out it does need nerfing...

GreenKarl

First Post
Well I guess I will go with the basic rules... Its not so much I was nerfing as I thought the rule was you only get it once and that's it. That is how we have always played it and it never seemed like we were nerfing rogues... oh well.

TallIan

Explorer
Ah see I was viewing it as a fighter nerf. I would agree a rogue didn't need any help for dpr

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads