D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

SunGold

First Post
would it be possible to grant the players that need it an 1d6 inspiration die, before they have their Con ST in the morning?

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

Worst case scenario I will use Lesser Restoration rather than slow the team down again, but obviously I'd like to save that 2nd level spell slot for combat at this stage.

SunGold

First Post
You guys have any thoughts on strategy for this behemoth? My thoughts:

- Faerie Fire seems worth it, especially given the owlbear's relatively "meh" dex save. As much damage as this guy's gonna slam us for every round, we just don't have time to miss attacks, and crits may be our salvation. We're not going to last many rounds. If Hunter doesn't cast FF, Shara will.

- Healing will be almost useless. It hits for 2d8+6 with its weak hit (out of three!) and I can only heal for 1d8+3. If you've beat Shara in init I'll pick you up the round you go down (so you don't miss your turn next round), otherwise she'll probably stay on the offensive and will pick you up the following round.

- I will probably be sticking to Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic) unless healing.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Just a note for future, you can only shove something that is up to one category larger then you. The owlbear is considered Huge (mostly in weight but it is also over 15ft tall).
Yeah, sorry. I didn't take a very close look at his stat block so missed that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
GM: Yes I assume that you kind of act in the order that you post BUT it is only a Free Action to yell IF you want to AND if the others listen too you. I made it tough but... there was (hopefully) an escape option

I was wondering about this. If we all get the chance to make this life-or-death check, shouldn't the actions people post only apply once everyone has had the chance to make it? Otherwise, only the first poster's check really matters, and that's pretty rough.

When Corwin attacked, I was really, really hoping someone else would pass the check and stop all previously posted actions retroactively. My heart sank a bit when Magen passed but posted as if Corwin had already acted. I was reading actions posted with the checks as "here's what I'll do IF no one passes," not "here's what I'll do and now it's written in stone."

SunGold

First Post
Would Toby still be able to care for the cubs if he stayed to help us? Just letting them tag along with him as we explore the forests or whatnot.

And then either he or we could take them to the druids when we're finished with the ruins business.

Remove ads