The Folly of Man (IC): Part I

Jolmo

First Post
On the way to the boat, Garam makes a quick stop to purchase a new healer's kit as his old one had seen too much use. "Hope I won't need it" he says with a grin to whoever's walking beside him.

At the boat he answers the captain with a "Yes, that might be best." and a respectful nod before entering the hold.

Down there, he tells the others, "Well, seems we'll be working together now, I hope the journey will be a good one, and not the last for any of us!"

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Yung joins the others on the boat, all the while talking about their adventure to come. "Isn't it exciting? I've never done anything like this you know, it will be fun I am sure. I do hope I will get the opportunity to use my bow as well, taking down some skilled foes." he finnishes and takes out his bow and proudly show it off.

taitzu52

First Post
Rayex said:
Yung joins the others on the boat, all the while talking about their adventure to come. "Isn't it exciting? I've never done anything like this you know, it will be fun I am sure. I do hope I will get the opportunity to use my bow as well, taking down some skilled foes." he finnishes and takes out his bow and proudly show it off.

"Never done this before?", questions Thoris. "I hope you've shot more than targets with that thing." Thoris sets his equipment down in the hold and sits with his back to the ship's hull. "Take my advice, young marksman, get some rest while you can.", he says as he pulls the hood of his cape over his head and dozes off.

G

Guest 11456

Gladsy Tarkyne : Female Human Druid 3

Gladsy allows the others to go ahead of her. Then she boards the boat with Ruff at her side. The wolf stays close to the young druidess. Once she is in the hold she moves to each of her traveling companions and allows Ruff to pickup their scent. As he does she says several times in a soothing voice, "Friend! Friend Ruff." Once introductions have been made, the two find a place to rest. Gladsy sits and her wolf companion curls up next to her.

taitzu52

First Post
Tailspinner said:
Once she is in the hold she moves to each of her traveling companions and allows Ruff to pickup their scent. As he does she says several times in a soothing voice, "Friend! Friend Ruff."

Thoris opens one eye without making a move and says, "Easy now, fella. I don't have a pork chop on my pocket or anything." After being satisfied that the wolf isn't going to disturb his slumber, Thoris nods off again.

Mithreander

Explorer
The boat finally must have recieved the go ahead and passed all of the normal protocul to leave, the boat starts to drift down river, and, hopefully to it's final destination.

The captain, after about a half-hour comes down to the hold where the group is resting.

"Well, we be on our way. It's no more'n 2 days down river from here. SHould o' only been one, but the river is churning slower then normal, as is the wind to help our passage. Worry not, we'll be where you's want us to be by mid day after 'morrow."

With that said, he invites the group to explore the ship at their pleasure.

THe weather is nice for the next 2 days, and the traveling is unexpectedly gentle, though the group of adventurers are more then ready to get off and on their way to their chosen path by the time the captain gives the order to tie up to a nearby ford.

"Here we be. I'll keep me anchor in place till you's return, though I be warning you. I only 'ave 2 weeks worth of food an' I need 4 days of that to tack up river again, so don't be taken to long. If you 'aven't found what you be comin' here for in that amount of time, then come back and we'll try again after getten more supplies."

He lowers the plank to the ajoining river bank and the crew waves the adventures on as they leave the boat.

The river is on the edge of a wild forest, though it seems peaceful enough. THe same forest that had been there for the last day on the boat. Beyond that, over the trees, the true destination of the group towers over the trees, the Edgline Mountains, and hopefully the Dwarven ruins that the group were looking for.

Jolmo

First Post
After the two days spent on the ship getting to know the others, Garam is eager to continue on foot.

"Well, let's get going then" he says, slinging his pack on. He salutes the seamen with a raised hand, and turns to enter the forest. All the while smiling with confidence and expectancy for the upcoming journey.

Remove ads