The Folly of Man (IC): Part I

G

Guest 11456

Gladsy Tarkyne : Female Human Druid 3

Gladsy is glad to be off the water and back in familiar territory. Is is very evident that Ruff shares her feelings as he goes bonding around the group sniffing different places before relieving himself on a particularly interesting bush. Once the wolf has returned to the druidess' side she turns to the others, smiles, and nods.

"We are ready to go!"

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: Please let me know how you intend to travel if there is to be any orginization at all. All I need is 'I'll take scout' or I'll be in the rear' type thing. Nothing more, unless you want to. Thanks.

The group sets off into the woods, and though the underbrush is thick, the leaves and branches are spaced enough apart for the sun to find it's way through them.

Gladsy notes that everything seems as it should be and there does not seem to have been any unusual presences in this section of the forest in quite a while (unusual being humans, humanoids or larger then normal creatures). She does see some leavings of a bear, but they are many days old, and probably nothing to worry about.

After a full days travel, the group reaches the point on the map they recieved where the road to the enterence to the dwarven fortrous should be.

Here, all of the group notes that there has been the passage of some creatures. Boot marks and scuffs are well marked in the soft ground and the broken foilage of the undergrouth very appearent.

Following that odvious trail, the group finds that the trail turns to an ancient road of cobble and stone, the trees of the forest seeming to retreat from it... or trying to reclaim their teretory, bepending on your view point.

The odvious trail ends with the stone and the lack of foilage, but it's odvious that some others have an interest in this road.

Jolmo

First Post
"So, what now?" Garam ponders aloud, "If I've understood the map correctly this road leads to the main entrance. Maybe we should try avoiding whoever made these tracks and go for the back way. Or maybe we'd better find out who they are first, it shouldn't be far to the entrance now so if they haven't gone too far beyond that, we hopefully won't lose much time finding them."

"What do you think?"

[ooc - Hope I've understood the scenario correctly.]

Rayex

First Post
"Well, either way is fine with me but I think that we might do best in finding out if thee one who made the tracks are hostile or not... I would not like to get ambushed later on." Yung says, while takeing up a position to the rear of the party.

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: Once I have a decisive course of action from the group, I'll make my next post... so far, it looks like the group wants to at least glance at the group ahead of them.... in they can. If you do decide on that, then how or who will do the looking? I also still need the order for which you are 'marching'. Thxs

taitzu52

First Post
"Hmmm...", says Thoris, "it seems as though there may be forces at play that our benefactor had not predicted, or wished to share with us." He looks around the group and sizes them up a bit. Sternly he says, "Methinks that the lightest travelling of us may want to scout ahead. Tsoren, Nak, if you would, go and see what you can. Nak? Boy he's stealthy.", as he looks around for his companion. "Anyway, use a couple of colors for signal arrows and try to get an idea of what we're up against. I'll take point with the main group. Try not to get into trouble without us."

Thoris plants his sword in the ground, tightens the straps on his armor, and waits for his "scouts" to advance, giving them ample room and silence to conceal the main group's presence.

Jolmo

First Post
Garam takes another look at the two proposed scouts, saying: "Yeah, if you two are up for it you'd probarbly do better if the rest of us stayed back a bit."

When they set out again Garam will stay towards the front of the group, just a step behind and to the right of Thoris.

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren seems uneasy, "I'll give it a shot, but I'm far from the outdoorsy type."

Tsoren starts moving ahead - with or without Nak - staying slow and keeping an eye out for any sort of traps.

Last edited:

Remove ads